The Chat Room

Moosedrool

Got a KWV 10 year as a gift and been jamming to Pink Floyd again. But this time annoying youngsters with good music.

4k.png

Last edited:

biometrics

Got an sms from the CoCT claiming I owe then R1,300 and that they are handing me over to attorneys. Huh, wtf, I just moved in and have recently paid the past five months accounts in full, the first time I’ve been billed.

So emailed them to ask, a week later get a brief reply it was for a house in Edgemead. Erm, I sold the house in 2014. When you sell you have to pay a huge deposit before transfer and then they refund you several months later. All done via a conveyancing attorney.

So they must be wrong and I told them so. Said I’ll go to court and ask for punitive costs against them for wasting my time and money. Told them to prove I owe them.

My email and phone has been the same for more than 20 years and now I get this random threatening sms.

Fuck em.

biometrics

In any case it would have prescribed by now. Surely a municipal account is not considered a tax?
——————
A prescribed debt is, to put it simply, an obligation that has essentially "expired."

Usually, debt is said to have been prescribed when after three years have passed and the creditor or debt collector has not filed any legal action or requested payment of the outstanding balance. However, for loans like a mortgage or tax-related debt, it can take up to 30 years to be regarded as prescribed.

Jings

In any case it would have prescribed by now. Surely a municipal account is not considered a tax?
——————
A prescribed debt is, to put it simply, an obligation that has essentially "expired."

Usually, debt is said to have been prescribed when after three years have passed and the creditor or debt collector has not filed any legal action or requested payment of the outstanding balance. However, for loans like a mortgage or tax-related debt, it can take up to 30 years to be regarded as prescribed.
Correct, it's prescribed and the municipality don't have a case unless you acknowledge it.

biometrics

Correct, it's prescribed and the municipality don't have a case unless you acknowledge it.
Which I certainly won’t.

It’s just bizarre, anyone that has sold a house knows how the muni makes sure they are not out of pocket. You can’t transfer unless they say so, which is after they get paid. So getting this random sms after nearly a decade is really strange.

Tribs

Comrade all you have to do is ask, We can work together I shall use my BEE status for you. (its really worth nothing)
I just have an affidavit. I am one owner and I am white. Being a female has no benefit.
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/http://www.thedtic.gov.za/wp-content/uploads/BEE_Affidavit-EME-Gen.pdf Just get that stamped at a police station or lawyers.

biometrics

Have you ever been there or somewhere similar?
Once. At that Mavericks in fact. Was around 2010. First thing I did was to knock a full glass of beer onto my crotch. Needless to say I wasn't really in the mood from then on. My colleagues went for lap dances but were really to drunk to remember. I declined due to my wet pants.

Must say I found the whole experience very un-sexy. Girls doing dance moves to a pole really doesn't do it for me.

Nicholas

Once. At that Mavericks in fact. Was around 2010. First thing I did was to knock a full glass of beer onto my crotch. Needless to say I wasn't really in the mood from then on. My colleagues went for lap dances but were really to drunk to remember. I declined due to my wet pants.

Must say I found the whole experience very un-sexy. Girls doing dance moves to a pole really doesn't do it for me.
Ooops.

Male staff at work were emailed an invitation to attend a performance by an exotic dancer in our pub and braai area before one of the guys got married more than a decade ago at our old building. I was horrified - surely this was unprofessional?

How would I react now? I can only speculate ["meh...over-rated. I don't get what makes the thought of watching barely dressed women cavorting around so appealing to some men." [Based on seeing women on beaches, clothing brochures, movies, and as represented by shop mannikins.]

Perhaps it will happen in a dream someday. :p

Nicholas

My psychiatrist wrote me up for blood tests after i told him that i had been feeling drowsy at times when I saw him last Tuesday. I went to Ampath on Saturday morning.

He should be sent the results today. If it is life-threatening, I hope it is treatable, and that my medical aid will cover it. Had Death on the mind just a bit this week. It is what it is. Inevitable. If anything, my existence is the unusual thing. :p

satanboy

At one of those Cape Town strip clubs, a stripper dropped a cube of ice from her vagina into my white wine. :sick:🤮