The Chat Room

Jings

Not a big gardener so I have limited myself to a few small beds that are easy to maintain.
LOL, usually a grey to black, I am a mechanic.
Not a green finger here either. Usually my plants get eaten by insects averse to organic pesticide. Feel bad for the ones chowing on the salvia divinorum though.

Spizz

It's when the neighbours play really loud Afrikaans music on a Saturday morning when suddenly Eskom pulls the plug, offering a few hours of respite.
Any other times it's really annoying when the power goes.

Eskom are not always bad :D

I was in the bottle store this morning and they were playing some Afrikaans rubbish about a young man having his breath taken away by a young lady. The two guys at the checkout were taking so long I nearly put my booze down and walked out it was so bad.

Jings

Eskom are not always bad :D

I was in the bottle store this morning and they were playing some Afrikaans rubbish about a young man having his breath taken away by a young lady. The two guys at the checkout were taking so long I nearly put my booze down and walked out it was so bad.

I'm surprised the stores aren't playing Christmas music yet. Decorations and extra toys are already on the shelves.

Spizz

I'm surprised the stores aren't playing Christmas music yet. Decorations and extra toys are already on the shelves.

I was in Zambia a couple of years ago and they were playing Christmas music in Shoprite in October. I felt so sorry for the staff having to listen to it for the following few months.

Nicholas

<Grumpy Old Git>
Christmas is a cunning plan involving the use of nauseating marketing to manipulate children into manipulating their parents, grandparents, aunts and uncles into spending outrageous sums of money [on things that have been broken or have fallen out of favour by February at the latest].
</Grumpy Old Git>

Nicholas

They have tapas from 3pm. We had a nice tapas place here but it closed, a pity as I liked to go there.
A pity. We had a fantastic pizza place around the top of Beach Road that closed when Mr Cotterill decided that his business needed that space.

Spizz

They have tapas from 3pm. We had a nice tapas place here but it closed, a pity as I liked to go there.

Such a shame, it was one of my favourite places as well.

I know you go in now and again, so I had the 'Zucchini and Rosemary fries' in The Wine Glass last night for nibbles and they were great. More or less courgettes cut in strips and coated with a tempura type crumb and served with a tartare sauce. So good I ordered a second lot :)

biometrics

Such a shame, it was one of my favourite places as well.

I know you go in now and again, so I had the 'Zucchini and Rosemary fries' in The Wine Glass last night for nibbles and they were great. More or less courgettes cut in strips and coated with a tempura type crumb and served with a tartare sauce. So good I ordered a second lot :)
They have a two for one beer special 4-6 (or 5-7 can't recall), do they do it for wine as well?