The 2024 F1 Thread

Düber

Those Saturday races are going to confuse my body clock for sure.

satanboy

Those Saturday races
How weird.

Edit:
For the opening two races of the season in Bahrain and Saudi Arabia, the Grand Prix will take place on a Saturday. This decision has been taken to accommodate Ramadan.

Baxteen

I will gladly take a few strange Saturday races in order to have a calendar that has a bit less travel.
Weather and Ramadan are two things that prevent the calendar from following the logical flow of:
Australia, Japan, China, Singapore, Saudi, Bahrain, Abu Dhabi, Baku, Hungary, Austria, Imola, Monza, Monaco, Spain, Spa, Zanvoort, Silverstone, Canada, Las Vegas, Texas, Miami, Mexico, finally ending in Brazil believe that is the order that would make the smallest impact in travel emissions.
that being said, I understand how the seasons can mess with that order. having a track contracted to be the season opener or finale is not a valid reason and neither should religious constrains. be respectful to the planet as a whole first and then find ways to make it fit people's religion and only after that do you cater to the pockets of the greedy