The 2023 F1 Thread

Baxteen

strange that the two teams that improved the most over the winter are the two teams that have broken the cost cap.
I was hoping for a 3 or 4 way fight this season between teams and drivers to have an interesting title fight where every point in every race will matter.
but now it seems its going to be a red bull Domination with AM being the closest to a challenge. Merc and Ferrari fighting for Third and McLaren and Alpha Tauri fighting to be last.

Baxteen

so apparently LeClerc is taking an Engine penalty already.
he did use a new electric Motor before the race and there are only allocated 2. apparently what broke on the first one broke on the second and that is why he retired.

Tinuva

strange that the two teams that improved the most over the winter are the two teams that have broken the cost cap.
I was hoping for a 3 or 4 way fight this season between teams and drivers to have an interesting title fight where every point in every race will matter.
but now it seems its going to be a red bull Domination with AM being the closest to a challenge. Merc and Ferrari fighting for Third and McLaren and Alpha Tauri fighting to be last.
AM didn't breach the cost cap. You need to look at the facts. Only an admin error.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Baxteen

AM didn't breach the cost cap. You need to look at the facts. Only an admin error.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
they had a penalty from the FIA with regards to spending too much money.
RB also had a penalty for spending too much.
both teams had long negotiations and meetings with the FIA and then only was an official announcement made.
Fact remains the two teams that broke the rules are now ahead of the other teams.
here is a source to back up my statement.

Aston Martin were found to be in a procedural breach of the rules

Tinuva

they had a penalty from the FIA with regards to spending too much money.
RB also had a penalty for spending too much.
both teams had long negotiations and meetings with the FIA and then only was an official announcement made.
Fact remains the two teams that broke the rules are now ahead of the other teams.
here is a source to back up my statement.

Aston Martin were found to be in a procedural breach of the rules
Let me quote your source:
After the submission of financial documentation by all 10 Formula 1 teams, the Cost Cap Administration carried out a review under the Financial Regulations, and Aston Martin were found to be in a procedural breach of the rules – though their costs during the 2021 reporting period were under the Cost Cap.

That states, they did not breach cost cap, only a procedural breach... and a penalty for rule breach not for cost cap breach or over spending.

So you are wrong by saying they (AM) breached the cost cap.

Baxteen

Let me quote your source:

That states, they did not breach cost cap, only a procedural breach... and a penalty for rule breach not for cost cap breach or over spending.

So you are wrong by saying they (AM) breached the cost cap.
let me say this again. because you seem to miss the point.

Tinuva

let me say this again. because you seem to miss the point.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

THANK YOU for finally confirming what I have been telling you from the start.

Before:

Now:

It really seems, you are the one that missed the point. I get what you are saying about the 2 teams in front are the ones that was under the scope for that, but they didn't both breach the cap, 1 team breached the cost cap, 2 teams had procedural errors. AM didn't break the rules though, just made errors. See it however you like but I doubt it was cheating on purpose.

You really need to be able to give credit where credit is due. I am not an AM fan (RB fan though), but I think they are finally seeing results for how much $$ daddy stroll is trowing at the team.

I also think it is exciting to see Alonso getting a car with performance.

Baxteen

100% AM is seeing results for hard work.

RB is also seeing results of hard work.
there is a part of me that is wondering if there is some sort of corrupt cover up to lessen the fine on RB that lead to the wording being what it was agreed on. because if lets say McLaren were found to over spend, would the punishment have been the same? I feel like it would not have been.

but that is my opinion.

Just like it is my opinion that Alonso manages to find himself at teams that have some questionable actions.
Moving to Mclaren when they are not allowed to win constructors in 2007.
Crashgate.
Then there was the "pink Merc" and then the same team made the "green Redbull" and now Alonso finds himself there.
and that is a real pity because he is a fantastic driver and has managed to improve so many teams with his input over.

Tinuva

Yeah I definitely think the other non-RB teams wanted to see a harsher punishment for RB with the cost cap.
I also agree something was agreed on between them and the FIA, because not everything was made public so we will never know what exactly what transpired.

The pink merc was definitely a copy 100%. The green redbul was not exactly, more like it was inspired by the 22 redbul, because its now against the regulations after the pink merc happened and I believe its not an exact copy also because RB dropped their investigation against AM.

Baxteen

Yeah I definitely think the other non-RB teams wanted to see a harsher punishment for RB with the cost cap.
I also agree something was agreed on between them and the FIA, because not everything was made public so we will never know what exactly what transpired.

The pink merc was definitely a copy 100%. The green redbul was not exactly, more like it was inspired by the 22 redbul, because its now against the regulations after the pink merc happened and I believe its not an exact copy also because RB dropped their investigation against AM.
I saw a video suggested on YouTube explaining how the 23 AM is not a copy of the RB and is actually a different concept to the RB the Merc and the Ferrari. didn't watch the video so I wont be able to find it again.
just strange that Alonso finds himself there. reminds me of that Scene from harry potter where Megonigal asks "why is it always you three"

Tinuva

I believe you referring to this video by The Race?

One of their better videos, sometimes they post a lot of junk.

Baxteen

I believe you referring to this video by The Race?

One of their better videos, sometimes they post a lot of junk.
shot. that might be it. I will give it a watch now that its no longer lost