The 2021 F1 thread

Düber

I bet Gene and Ghunter will either kick him during the year or end his contract end of season

I can imagine Gene taking the BS, but Ghunter Steiner, no
I might be wrong but I don't think he has a very long future in F1 and he is certainly not making very many friends.

Guenther is a very straight forward chap and I agree that he will be the one to flip, I hope it will be nice and public.

Seldom Bucket

I might be wrong but I don't think he has a very long future in F1 and he is certainly not making very many friends.

Guenther is a very straight forward chap and I agree that he will be the one to flip, I hope it will be nice and public.
Agreed, love Guenther and his no BS straight to it approach, He reminds me of Kimi. Personally I think if teams as wealthy as Ferrari or McLaren wants to succeed they need a Guenther

Düber

Agreed, love Guenther and his no BS straight to it approach, He reminds me of Kimi. Personally I think if teams as wealthy as Ferrari or McLaren wants to succeed they need a Guenther
I sure they do, but behind the scenes. They are very focused on maintaining their image and a "wildcard" like Guenther speaking his mind doesn't suit that.
We get a very watered down glimpse into what actually happens.

Icemanbrfc

Ferrari will never hire Guenther... They don't like him

Seldom Bucket

I sure they do, but behind the scenes. They are very focused on maintaining their image and a "wildcard" like Guenther speaking his mind doesn't suit that.
We get a very watered down glimpse into what actually happens.
Guenther is more like Kimi, don't really give a shit if it's what the team wants or not to hear. He does a job
Ferrari will never hire Guenther... They don't like him

I meant Guenther like, Binotto is clearly doing a great job over there:whistle:

Dave

I don’t see the big deal, it’s been quite apparent that the #1 drivers in the past have had a say in who the #2 in the team will be, you don’t think Ferrari really wanted Massa or Barrichello as drivers back in their all conquering days, as an example.

If you were current #1 driver would you want a crazy gung-ho driver in the other car?

Düber

I don’t see the big deal, it’s been quite apparent that the #1 drivers in the past have had a say in who the #2 in the team will be, you don’t think Ferrari really wanted Massa or Barrichello as drivers back in their all conquering days, as an example.

If you were current #1 driver would you want a crazy gung-ho driver in the other car?
No you wouldn't, but is it the others drivers place to make that decision?
If 2020 has shown us anything it is that the team and equipment matter a bit more than the driver, so I think it should be a team decision without an ego driven skew.

Dave

No you wouldn't, but is it the others drivers place to make that decision?
If 2020 has shown us anything it is that the team and equipment matter a bit more than the driver, so I think it should be a team decision without an ego driven skew.

I’d be willing to bet that Michael Schumacher had exactly such a clause and veto.

Düber

I’d be willing to bet that Michael Schumacher had exactly such a clause and veto.
I'm sure there is precedent for it, otherwise he would not be asking. I'm just saying I don't think it is such a hot idea.

Seldom Bucket

dy06guczt4g61.jpg