Tattoo thread

scudsucker

I want to get a really fine line text tattoo in Cape Town. It's a long sentence, plus the authors name, along my left ulnar bone.

No fim, tudo dá certo. Se não deu, ainda não chegou ao fim.

Fedinando Sambima

Any suggestions for an artist to look up?

satanboy

I want to get a really fine line text tattoo in Cape Town. It's a long sentence, plus the authors name, along my left ulnar bone.

Any suggestions for an artist to look up?

Tribs

Mine has been done. Should I post the fresh tattoo or should I wait till it is healed?
Had its first wash today. It is a bit swollen. My tattoo did not hurt. Not really sure how to explain it but it was like a mild electric current. Some people say cat scratches but those sometimes really hurt.

Baxteen

mild electric shock to sunburn at the low end.
cat scratches to paper cut at the high end.
worst I had was the one across my shoulder blades I was carrying a bunch of tension in my shoulders due to the nerves of getting it done. and that just made it so much worse.

I want to have a touch up done on that one.

biometrics

Mine has been done. Should I post the fresh tattoo or should I wait till it is healed?
Had its first wash today. It is a bit swollen. My tattoo did not hurt. Not really sure how to explain it but it was like a mild electric current. Some people say cat scratches but those sometimes really hurt.
Post it.

Tribs

IMG_2667-EDIT.jpg
Yes it is cold today. This is after the first wash.
I think she did a great job. 70% was my original design. She moved the paws and the frangipanis and did the watercolour splash of course

IMG_2641-EDIT.jpg
This is zoomed in - taken before she wrapped it
Each element in it represents someone in my life that make it worth staying.
That sentence is rather clumsy but you get what I mean.

Last edited:

satanboy

View attachment 37646
Yes it is cold today. This is after the first wash.
I think she did a great job. 70% was my original design. She moved the paws and the frangipanis and did the watercolour splash of course

View attachment 37647
This is zoomed in - taken before she wrapped it
Each element in it represents someone in my life that makes it worth staying here.
Very nice.

Baxteen

that is truely epic @Tribs .
is it white ink used or just a dry run with no ink to make the elements that do not have black outline?
also where did you go? or was that discussed on another part of this thread and I missed it?

Tribs

that is truely epic @Tribs .
is it white ink used or just a dry run with no ink to make the elements that do not have black outline?
also where did you go? or was that discussed on another part of this thread and I missed it?
I have white in it. She will refill the white once it has settled.

I went to Fallen Heroes. Their address has changed to 11 Mackay Ave, Blairgowrie, Randburg. Roxy (Roxanne) did my tat.

Baxteen

I have white in it. She will refill the white once it has settled.

I went to Fallen Heroes. Their address has changed to 11 Mackay Ave, Blairgowrie, Randburg. Roxy (Roxanne) did my tat.
nice. I thought the water colour work looked familiar. its a very unique style so I am pretty sure I know that Roxy. but last I saw her she was at a place in Pretoria. not 100% sure its the same person but I only know of 2 artists that do watercolor work. Roxy and Megan. Megan is my cousin's wife and she won a few awards in Germany for her water colour work recently.

Tribs

Here is tattoo no 2. Decided to put it near the other with the idea of joining them somehow.

In case you cannot tell what it is - it is a Lotus and a full moon. I have always been obsessed with the moon and its different stages. I used a photo a friend took of the blue supermoon last month. Would have put Saturn on too but it was too small.
Here it is with my other tattoo.
IMG_4578-EDIT.jpg
Actually, I do think I will have her add Saturn

Sonikku

Some of you know me from the other place.
I was banned by that man-child during lockdown because I pointed out that the clickbait peddlers could no longer be put on ignore.
And with that went my ability to post my progress. Not sure what the last images were but anyway- see below.
I haven't had any work done in a year, mainly due to the fact that I was offered a job overseas, and then the carpet was yanked out from beneath me- long story.
1697642959433.png1697642933306.png1697642886618.png
1697642855386.png
1697642808816.png
1697642769105.png1697642689967.png

Baxteen

thats epic. curious about the long story but maybe in another thread?