Solar, inverter, battery thread

Rudolph Hart

Got my order delivered last week. This morning I get a delivery of another two batteries. Confused about this, being my first solar installation, I contact them to say I already got my order and got another two batteries this morning, sent through photos of everything. Asked if this is a mistake, they reply that it looks good, no problem. So tried to do the right thing but I may or may not have received extra, sure looks that way to me. Will just store the two extras until they figure out their mistake, if it indeed is a mistake. Perhaps I paid for four? Maybe two is considered one unit. Fuck knows.
If you’re looking to sell a couple of them, I’d be interested…

Rudolph Hart

They’ve acknowledged they sent two extra and will collect after xmas. These cost R26k each. Shitty stock control they have.
You could easily have been R50k up if you weren’t honest, although they would probably have noticed eventually, I suspect. Some poor bugger could have lost a job too.

biometrics

You could easily have been R50k up if you weren’t honest, although they would probably have noticed eventually, I suspect. Some poor bugger could have lost a job too.
I’m not a dishonest person, but I’ll take the occasional restaurant bill error with one beer charged less (it’s too damn expensive anyway and the waiter won’t lose), or put foot at an orange light and cross as it’s turning red. Even abuse Takealot vouchers occasionally. But if my company made a R52,000 mistake I would hope the client would point it out. So I did, make no mistake I wanted to keep it.

Spizz

My order is finally here on Thursday. Unfortunately can only get it installed in Jan.

Have you got an installer lined up? And double check on the CoC thing, I just got mine this week after install in October. Pinning these electricians down is seriously difficult.

biometrics

Have you got an installer lined up? And double check on the CoC thing, I just got mine this week after install in October. Pinning these electricians down is seriously difficult.
Yes all sorted for now…

SauRoN

Jeez I would never have paid without the CoC in hand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Spizz

Jeez I would never have paid without the CoC in hand.

It was an arrangement between the installer who is not a qualified electrician, and the electrician who did the CoC for the house last year when we moved in. Getting the electrician to come round was the hard part.

Seems to me most installers are not qualified to give a CoC.

Tinuva

My original installer did the coc himself being qualified. Unfortunately he is no longer with us in this world.

The second installer for 2nd string couldn't do a coc, which I thought was odd.

Now it seems it's normal.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

SauRoN

It was an arrangement between the installer who is not a qualified electrician, and the electrician who did the CoC for the house last year when we moved in. Getting the electrician to come round was the hard part.

Seems to me most installers are not qualified to give a CoC.

Eish, I wouldn’t use an installer who didn’t do this themselves as part of their contract.

Rudolph Hart

We’re planning to wait for my bonus in March to purchase in April, but I’m growing concerned about the shortages of raw materials pushing the cost of batteries up. So I’m considering buying the batteries now, or as soon as I can get stock, and adding the rest a bit later. Buying the whole system now would not be feasible.

biometrics

We’re planning to wait for my bonus in March to purchase in April, but I’m growing concerned about the shortages of raw materials pushing the cost of batteries up. So I’m considering buying the batteries now, or as soon as I can get stock, and adding the rest a bit later. Buying the whole system now would not be feasible.
R:$ is trending down though. But yeah, waited more than two months for my stock.

Rudolph Hart

Anyone have an opinion on this battery:-

biometrics

Anyone have an opinion on this battery:-

No idea, but I’ve got two of these: