SETI to use deep-sea vents for practice hunting alien life

Seldom Bucket

Some of the most intriguing possibilities for finding life outside Earth are on water worlds like Europa or Enceladus — ocean moons orbiting Jupiter and Saturn. However, those worlds are encased in layers of ice, meaning any ocean exploration will take place far beneath the surface.

But on our own planet, these deep-sea zones teem most reliably with life. That life is most often found near hydrothermal vents. These cracks in the seafloor release heat and chemicals that fuel intense biozones far from any sunlight.

Now, the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) has received a NASA grant to fund a new project called In-situ Vent Analysis Divebot for Exobiology Research (InVADER). It will explore deep-sea vents on Earth in preparation for the day that scientists can send a similar craft out into the solar system to explore alien oceans and their own hydrothermal vents.

Jings

SETI searches for extra-terrestrial life. Maybe the grant is actually to research USO's, complementing the new UAPTF task force.

biometrics

I've always found it strange that we're searching for ETI but don't bother communicating with the life here. We can't even speak to dolphins or dogs. I mean really.

NObanana4you

We cant even communicate with the cancerous ANC, what chance do we have with talking to aliens, if they exist.

As previously said, dogs, cats even dolphins are smarter than most humans. Aliens maybe dont want association withbus huumans3

• Haha
Reactions: Y2K

Jings

I've always found it strange that we're searching for ETI but don't bother communicating with the life here. We can't even speak to dolphins or dogs. I mean really.
Give dogs opportunity to communicate and they complain about cats.