RIP Queenie

Sinbad

Passed away at the age of 96 this afternoon

The Queen is dead, long live the King

scudsucker

Fuck that, Charles will be a shit king.

His only likeable characteristic is that he'll also be dead soon.

Düber

I'm surprised Charles is king, I thought it was going to jump him and be William.

Sinbad

I'm surprised Charles is king, I thought it was going to jump him and be William.
Doesn't work like that. Goes by direct descent. Only way it would skip him is if he decides to abdicate

Düber

I have only ever known "God save the Queen" it is going to be strange to hear "God save the King."

Charles is going too find it difficult to fill her shoes.

Baxteen

I hope people in 2022 can realize that Royalty serve no purpose.
cut them off. stop spending giving money to people simply because they are famous.

everything the people think the royal family does can be done by a motivational poster in the background of an 80's movie.

I mean no disrespect to Lizzy, honestly R.I.P
but they should all be removed from the position of power they have, and if it were Harry who became king now that is what he would do.

DA-LION-619

I hope people in 2022 can realize that Royalty serve no purpose.
cut them off. stop spending giving money to people simply because they are famous.

everything the people think the royal family does can be done by a motivational poster in the background of an 80's movie.

I mean no disrespect to Lizzy, honestly R.I.P
but they should all be removed from the position of power they have, and if it were Harry who became king now that is what he would do.
Tourism

Nicholas

Too soon, guys. The Windsor-Mountbattens have just lost a family member.
She may not have mattered to most of us, but can we at least not all pile in on the rest of the family when they're down?

satanboy

Too soon, guys. The Windsor-Mountbattens have just lost a family member.
She may not have mattered to most of us, but can we at least not all pile in on the rest of the family when they're down?
What are you on about? Too soon what?

scudsucker

In rather surprising news... not sure how accurate this is, but still
unknown.png
:

Paul Hjul

In rather surprising news... not sure how accurate this is, but still
unknown.png
:
Its a stretch but the core is quite teneble. Seville in the 11th century - and particularly a Zadia - links 8th century Islamic aristocratic lines with European ones.

The thing that gets glossed over in the emergence of religious persecution is that 13th century Western Europe was identifying itself in opposition to Judaism and Islam with strong undertones of animosity against feudal Lords linked to events of 2 centuries earlier - the Western Roman Catholic Church was essentially pushing in orthodoxy against both Islam and Judaism and against rabble rousing peasant groups who were following millenniast brands of Christianity. The Cathars being probably the most known and studied.