PC vs Mac

scudsucker

I code Java/Kotlin mostly. I prefer Mac, simply for the fact that the terminal is *nix like, and we generally deploy to AWS or GCP on a minimal *nix version.

It is just easier to remember only one set of bash/zsh/whatever commands.

Also I can feel sexy with my MacBook Pro on a way I've never felt with a Dell.*

* I regret to admit I have not yet actually got laid because I use a Mac, but I'm sure one day, in some hipster coffee shop I will get lucky. One day.

biometrics

I code Java/Kotlin mostly. I prefer Mac, simply for the fact that the terminal is *nix like, and we generally deploy to AWS or GCP on a minimal *nix version.

It is just easier to remember only one set of bash/zsh/whatever commands.

Also I can feel sexy with my MacBook Pro on a way I've never felt with a Dell.*

* I regret to admit I have not yet actually got laid because I use a Mac, but I'm sure one day, in some hipster coffee shop I will get lucky. One day.
I think it is like console vs PC gaming, I just can not get used to a controller.

biometrics

My keystroke memory comes from DOS and Windows, years of repitition. But. The Esc key should backup or escape whatever you are doing.

satanboy

Which models do you have?

I have never had a Mac, but they look damn good.

Currently using a Dell G5 Core i7.

scudsucker

17 inch MacBook Pro, private use

15 inch MacBook Pro, provided by work

DA-LION-619

Now that Evernote is officially trash. I’m forced to make my full migration to Obsidian so while I’m at it,
I’m looking for recommendations
for a RDP type app for iOS/iPadOS something like RDCMan in terms of ease of config.

Something like the RD Client app just with some extras like iCloud syncing(major requirement for me), config export(for others), .rdp support(nice to have).

Last edited: