PassMark Performance Test

BloodrayneZA

Here's mine - you can officially say it's in the shite range.... Lol

PassMarkPerformanceTest.jpg
EDIT: I can also safely say there's nothing wrong with my graphics card - ran both 2D and 3D Mark without issues

Sinbad

e70e16cca8e812813c4f8fb96262b6ed.jpg

My phone

Johnatan56

EDIT: I can also safely say there's nothing wrong with my graphics card - ran both 2D and 3D Mark without issues
Usually you want to run something that maxes out your GPU for a while like furmark on top of something that's hitting the CPU.
1613370242249.png
Forgot to turn it off office mode till halfway through the 2D score, so would guess I should score a little higher for CPU mark, would have probably put my laptop in green:
1613370356519.png
Also interesting how all my 3D mark are orange and yet 73rd percentile.

Looks like all the benchmarks are a bit iffy, the disk mark is quite bad as says 256MB sequential write, I transfer between drives and get over 500MB often enough, so doubt it's right.

Do note again, Passmark is Intel sponsored: https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-o...ces-thanks-to-version-10-update.457506.0.html e.g. it will try and make their CPU and Optane look good.

1613370613238.png
Well that graph basically answers that, wrong block size and it's 4KB cluster, not larger files, so will favor an optane SSD.

Last edited:

Y2K

If you're going to upgrade I'd hold off till the price of CPUs and GPUs become stable. If you must have it now then an AMD Zen 3 CPU paired with a 3xxx Nvidia GPU should give you some decent performance.

Sinbad

If you're going to upgrade I'd hold off till the price of CPUs and GPUs become stable. If you must have it now then an AMD Zen 3 CPU paired with a 3xxx Nvidia GPU should give you some decent performance.
No. If you have amd, then you want amd graphics as well, for their memory magic whatsits.

Papa Smurf

I inherited this PC for free 6 months ago as my friend wa throwing it away\
All I did was buy the cheapest SSD I could find off Takealot and added a 2nd hand 1050Ti 4GB GPU
Im happy with it and won't be upgrading anytime soon, regardless how poor it performs on the benchmark test

benchmark test (2).png

benchmark test 2 (2).png

Johnatan56

Eh well that's going to be a long wait for things to be fixed - I can't wait this long as my old Sandybridge is holding on for as long as it can.

Check this out - https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-5000-zen-3-desktop-cpus-x570-motherboards-high-failure-rates/
Would take that article with a grain of salt, checking up on powerGPU:
1613380704498.png
That's their SEO description, so I'm wondering where they got over 300 units from within a year.
They can't even properly close tag their HTML site, so I'm pretty sure that's a marketing statement.

I haven't actually heard of anyone personally who had an issue with a 5000 series CPU or mobo out the ~7 friends I know that got one, but I would not be buying it right now as would wait on 5600 release or something like that if price conscious.

BloodrayneZA

Would take that article with a grain of salt, checking up on powerGPU:
View attachment 10873
That's their SEO description, so I'm wondering where they got over 300 units from within a year.
They can't even properly close tag their HTML site, so I'm pretty sure that's a marketing statement.

I haven't actually heard of anyone personally who had an issue with a 5000 series CPU or mobo out the ~7 friends I know that got one, but I would not be buying it right now as would wait on 5600 release or something like that if price conscious.
Ok fair enough - this was the top google result when I was looking for Zen 3

Johnatan56

Ok fair enough - this was the top google result when I was looking for Zen 3
As an aside, this was the reply to that tweet by mindfactory:
PowerGen deleted their tweet after being called out for it, most guesses are that PowerGPU was going cheap mobo and bad overclocks/issues happening in shipping etc.

The 5000 series RMA according to mindfactory is lower than the 3000 series was.

This is from hardware unboxed:

wccftech is a bad "news" site, they just post whatever gets clicks.

Grouter

:censored: Haha - did the test. Too embarrassed to post the results here.
Suffice to say my PC manages Solitaire, but Chess 3D....no.

Grouter

Can't be slower than mine!
The only test that managed to push the needle off zero was the SSD test...
My i7 died a month ago, and I'm stuck with a 12-year-old Toshiba lappy, with an i3, 8 gigs of memory and an Nvidia mobile 310m.
At least it hides behind the desk and all I see every day is my lovely 27" Dell screen.