Octopus And Squid Evolution Is Officially Stranger Than We Could Have Ever Imagined

SoldierMan

And another:

But I am coming here and saying, I think that philosophically that one should be sensitive to what I think history shows, namely, that evolution, just as much as religion -- or at least, leave "just as much," let me leave that phrase -- evolution, akin to religion, involves making certain a priori or metaphysical assumptions, which at some level cannot be proven empirically. I guess we all knew that, but I think that we're all much more sensitive to these facts now. And I think that the way to deal with creationism, but the way to deal with evolution also, is not to deny these facts, but to recognize them, and to see where we can go, as we move on from there.

Dave

Yeah sure.

"Dr. Michael Ruse, from the Department of Philosophy at the University of Guelph in Ontario, is a philosopher of science, particularly of the evolutionary sciences. He is the author of several books on Darwinism and evolutionary theory, and, in an article in the National Post, he wrote:"

Here's another.

But I thought you were going to explain the religion of Atheism?

scudsucker

One and the same.
If atheism and evolution are one and the same, and you admitted earlier in this thread that micro-evolution is true, disagreeing on only the "macro" part...

... does that mean you are a little bit atheist?

• Haha
Reactions: Y2K

scudsucker

Ok, falls under the same umbrella, better for you?

Or, to some atheists, evolution is their religion, better?
Still nonsense, sorry.

It is no different from saying, "for some atheists, photosynthesis is their religion".

Photosynthesis and evolution are scientific descriptive names for natural processes that will occur whether or not people "believe" in them.

Homework material for today: Proverbs 19:9

Last edited:

LD50

Stop convincing each other, it's been proven to be pointless and a rather wasteful way of using energy and time mind you.

Reactions: OCP

scudsucker

Stop convincing each other,
There's no convincing someone who argues from a position of wilful ignorance; so I am not trying to convince SoldierBoy of anything - except the need to support his position with more than just insults.

SoldierMan

Still nonsense, sorry.

It is no different from saying, "for some atheists, photosynthesis is their religion".

Photosynthesis and evolution are scientific descriptive names for natural processes that will occur whether or not people "believe" in them.

Homework material for today: Proverbs 19:9

And yet some prominent evolutionists say outright that it is a religion for them. So who you going to believe, knobsucker on a random internet forum or a prominent evolutionist who has written books on the subject. Yeah easy choice.

Let's face it, evolution has become some atheists answer to the Bible. Their proof that their view is the correct one.

scudsucker

Let's face it, evolution has become some atheists answer to the Bible. Their proof that their view is the correct one.
This argument is dishonest framing of science vs religion - you are attempting to show that evolution is faith based and thus therefore liable to exactly the same arguments that religion fails to answer.

By doing so, you are tacitly admitting that religion cannot answer any questions of fact, that religion has no evidence for god, intelligent design, rainbow farts or anything at all.

I'm happy for you to shoot yourself in the foot and admit this, but you should probably think about what you are doing.

Reactions: Y2K

SoldierMan

This argument is dishonest framing of science vs religion - you are attempting to show that evolution is faith based and thus therefore liable to exactly the same arguments that religion fails to answer.

By doing so, you are tacitly admitting that religion cannot answer any questions of fact, that religion has no evidence for god, intelligent design, rainbow farts or anything at all.

I'm happy for you to shoot yourself in the foot and admit this, but you should probably think about what you are doing.

No, all that you just typed is your typical false interpretation of what I and others say. Please try again. You fail at basic comprehension scuddy because you are so dogmatic, so fundamental. A fanatic if you will.

I said evolution has become some atheists religion, it has given them something to hold up as "truth" that their view is correct.

Now take a break and actually read what I say.

Prominent evolutionists have ADMITTED as much, because they have the guts and balls to do so.

It is not the case for all atheists though, many of my atheist friends just live their life and don't worry about evolution or it's implications. You on the other hand would be a good candidate for evolution as a religion. You're a fundamentalist at heart.

SoldierMan

Oh I'm sorry, I thought we were playing childish games because you keep on calling me SoldierBoy for some reason, so I thought I would bring it down to your level :LOL: Can't handle what you dish out hey scuddy.... don't worry you can continue, it only shows how petty you are (y)

scudsucker

No, all that you just typed is your typical false interpretation of what I and others say. Please try again.
Then why are you deliberately conflating evolution, atheism and faith? If you think my interpretation is false, describe in which ways it is false.

Oh I'm sorry, I thought we were playing childish games because you keep on calling me SoldierBoy for some reason, so I thought I would bring it down to your level :LOL: Can't handle what you dish out hey scuddy.... don't worry you can continue, it only shows how petty you are
I don't have some moral imperative from my imaginary friend in the sky as to how to behave. You believe that you do. I simply appreciate your hypocrisy, SoldierBoy.

You're a fundamentalist at heart.
Only in that I am fundamentally correct, not in the religious sense of blind faith in an imaginary concept like god.

SoldierMan

Then why are you deliberately conflating evolution, atheism and faith? If you think my interpretation is false, describe in which ways it is false.

I don't have some moral imperative from my imaginary friend in the sky as to how to behave. You believe that you do. I simply appreciate your hypocrisy, SoldierBoy.

Only in that I am fundamentally correct, not in the religious sense of blind faith in an imaginary concept like god.

:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Dave

Ok, falls under the same umbrella, better for you?

No

Or, to some atheists, evolution is their religion, better?

No

I've shown they are completely different things. I really want information on atheism being a religion. Not interested in evolution or what you believe "some atheists" think.

Atheism is a religion? Explain and show your working...