LPW LPW 21.5: Last Paster Wins

bigAl-sa

This is just to stop BM from locking the thread, no actual serious input to any discussion involved.

Lara

We're not permitted to go out [in this case to see if I can rent the DVD] unless absolutely necessary [for example, a medical emergency, not all of those of us who are employed can work from home].
That's horrible. Stage a prison break :D

Lara

Trying to find a way for my programmed Excel spreadsheets to work on SharePoint 😭
How do adapt your code for people using Mac's and Windows versions of Excel? Does SharePoint allow access to both? :)

Lara

^
Ironic coming from a person with self-imposed rules. :D

Tribs

How do adapt your code for people using Mac's and Windows versions of Excel? Does SharePoint allow access to both? :)
Sharepoint doesn't allow macros to run online. So need to find a way to link to online files but allow offline access and still hope the triggers will work

Tribs

^
Ironic coming from a person with self-imposed rules. :D
We all impose rules on ourselves for various reasons. I have trouble with resisting temptation - so I keep it out of reach. It is the only way.

Lara

Sharepoint doesn't allow macros to run online. So need to find a way to link to online files but allow offline access and still hope the triggers will work
It sounds complicated. :oops:

Lara

We all impose rules on ourselves for various reasons. I have trouble with resisting temptation - so I keep it out of reach. It is the only way.
Yet, there are some who have none. ;)

Dave

We're not permitted to go out [in this case to see if I can rent the DVD] unless absolutely necessary [for example, a medical emergency, not all of those of us who are employed can work from home].

Nick, do you have WiFi in the house? There is an app on the Play Store that can be used to watch all sorts of TV and movies.

I know you have limited mobile data, but if you have WiFi you should consider Syncler, it’s a little fiddly to set up (but I‘m sure we can help) and once set up it has quite a variety of movies available.