LPW #13: Last Post Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas

You have? Interesting
I'm flip-flopping between getting a Playstation 4 and thinking long term, adding R3000-R4000 to what my brother has given me, and using that money to buy a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU. I think it's unlikely that I will ever receive so much birthday money again, so it may be wiser to spend it on my PC.

biometrics

I'm flip-flopping between getting a Playstation 4 and thinking long term, adding R3000-R4000 to what my brother has given me, and using that money to buy a new motherboard, RAM, and CPU. I think it's unlikely that I will ever receive so much birthday money again, so it may be wiser to spend it on my PC.
Are you console compatible? I'm not so sold all my PS4 stuff, kept the PC which is a pretty decent one.

BloodrayneZA

Yeah definitely be wiser to spend on PC upgrades and such. You can always get the PlayStation later.

BloodrayneZA

Are you console compatible? I'm not so sold all my PS4 stuff, kept the PC which is a pretty decent one.
I tried the Xbox One during the 4 month lockdown and honestly, I lost interest after 2 months of gaming Skyrim - I prefer my PC for gaming than on console. Very few games that are meant for console gaming such as Prince of Persia - that game was a nightmare on keyboard so when I got a PC compatible controller for my PC, I managed to finish it with the controller where I was struggling with it on the keyboard.

Nicholas

I'll play on anything that has the ability to play games. I have a Nokia 220 that I take with me when I go for a walk or go shopping, and play an Arkanoid-type game on it sometimes. The newest component of my PC is a Geforce GTX 1060 that I picked up on Carbonite.

Nicholas

Yeah definitely be wiser to spend on PC upgrades and such. You can always get the PlayStation later.
I wouldn't be buying a PlayStation at all if I upgraded my PC. My brother offered to buy me a console as a birthday present back in February, but then CoViD-19 got in the way. He recently deposited money in my bank account so that I could order myself a console while he is out of town. I have been waiting for specials because I want to spend as little as possible, and return the remaining money to him.

No doubt tomorrow I may have changed my mind. :LOL:

Nicholas

I tried the Xbox One during the 4 month lockdown and honestly, I lost interest after 2 months of gaming Skyrim - I prefer my PC for gaming than on console. Very few games that are meant for console gaming such as Prince of Persia - that game was a nightmare on keyboard so when I got a PC compatible controller for my PC, I managed to finish it with the controller where I was struggling with it on the keyboard.
There is also the matter of buying games. If I buy digital versions, I may end up having to go to my Mother's play and use here uncapped fibre. I would then need to buy a monitor for it, as she doesn't have a television set. Complications.

Nicholas

There is also the matter of buying games. If I buy digital versions, I may end up having to go to my Mother's play and use here uncapped fibre. I would then need to buy a monitor for it, as she doesn't have a television set. Complications.
I am even questioning whether I really need to replace my motherboard, CPU, and RAM.

"It's complicated" :LOL:

Nicholas

How was your trip to dreamland? Did you see any rainbows and unicorns?
Nope. Somebody sent me on a "money is no object" trip to the United States. Post-CoViD-19.

It was vitally important that I find a bunch of keys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.