Less lethal weapons

Spizz

I had an incident at my home a couple of months when I caught some dudes breaking into my garage in the middle of the night. It was pretty scary and the one guy even ran to my window and stared me out through the glass. I have no weapons or means of self defense so I felt pretty useless as the dude was obviously high on something and was looking to fuck me up, but luckily we sounded the alarm and they ran off. Our neighbour took a shot at them but unfortunately missed.

Since then I decided on getting some "less lethal weapons" so I have more than my dick in my hand if an incident occurs and I'm standing facing a nutter in my boxer shorts. So we now we have a Tippman paintball gun with 100 nylon "skull breakers" in a hopper in my sons bedroom upstairs which overlooks the drive way, and I have a Tippman Tipx pistol in my room downstairs with nylon and pepper balls alternating in the 7 shot magazine. It's a big unwieldy pistol and you can't get away from the fact it is a paintball gun which is being used as a self defense weapon. If I'm driving, it is hard to put in the glove box unless you remove everything and it could be awkward in a tight spot. I decided it is best to have at home as it is not so mobile.

So now I have gone and purchased a Byrna HD launcher which is marketed as a less lethal self defense weapon.

It's a nifty little thing which can be concealed and is very mobile while packing a punch. The balls are a mixture of different irritants including peppers and CS and are pretty potent. Watch the 50 second video for an idea, that powder completely fucks up the guy.

biometrics

I posted about the Byrna in TK in March. That’s what I would get too.

Spizz

What did you pay and what did you get extra?

They have a new place in town with plenty of stock. They are out of stock in a lot of places and big waiting lists in the US, but these guys have a decent amount in the shop. Nice guys too, very helpful.

R5,500 for the package below. I bought an extra 10 gas canister at R229 for the box (iirc) and a box of 100 nylon balls for R196.

byrna.jpg

biometrics

They have a new place in town with plenty of stock. They are out of stock in a lot of places and big waiting lists in the US, but these guys have a decent amount in the shop. Nice guys too, very helpful.

R5,500 for the package below. I bought an extra 10 gas canister at R229 for the box (iirc) and a box of 100 nylon balls for R196.

View attachment 8795
Shop in Her*anus?

Spizz

So pistol, 2 x magazines, 5 Byrna Black (pepper balls), 5 nylon balls, 5 powder balls for practice to show you how the powder disperses and for fun I guess, and 2 gas cylinders

biometrics

Have you done some practice shooting? I’d probable also get the spare magazines and gas cartridges.

biometrics

So pistol, 2 x magazines, 5 Byrna Black (pepper balls), 5 nylon balls, 5 powder balls for practice to show you how the powder disperses and for fun I guess, and 2 gas cylinders
Oh I see there is one installed already. Yeah two is fine.

biometrics

Not yet, fancy firing off a socially distanced couple of shots somewhere?
For sure. But where without getting the cops called on you? Also need a target. The black one looks very much like a real gun.

Spizz

Still need a target. And Rotary isn’t quiet, every time I go there, even at the end, someone comes along within 10 minutes.

Hmm. Let me think about a place and I'll let you know. The guy in the shop suggested hanging a towel from something but I'm sure I can put something together using cardboard or something.