If you are sober on a weekend you need to report here!

Johnatan56

I'm sober, I have been fully sober for a bit over a year I think, most I've drunk at one time is two glasses of champagne for new years. :p

Spizz

I had a few last night and agreed to hit the beer and wine wagon from Sunday until wife's birthday end of September. I however negotiated whisky on a Friday and Saturday evening.

Man, I need this and will do it wholeheartedly. I've been flying through the booze every evening these last few months and have crept back up weight wise with a couple of kgs.

So last night of allowing myself a skin full. Lions v Boks this evening at 6 as a warm up to the BIG game, Scottish Premiership season opener Hearts v Celtic at 9 on ESPN.

biometrics

Man, I need this and will do it wholeheartedly. I've been flying through the booze every evening these last few months and have crept back up weight wise with a couple of kgs.
Same here. This two month break from the diet has been rather inebriated. Alcohol reduces my appetite so haven't been eating much, so still between 94-95kg.

Need to stick to weekend drinking and get the diet going again.

Venomous

I think sober can come on various levels, and maybe not booze related at all

Venomous

I think if I get my blood tested right now, it might not register booze levels, but a few drugs that would be bad to mix with booze

Johnatan56

Same here. This two month break from the diet has been rather inebriated. Alcohol reduces my appetite so haven't been eating much, so still between 94-95kg.

Need to stick to weekend drinking and get the diet going again.
Many assume that because they have a good diet, alcohol will not affect their body. Unfortunately, this is not true. Having a good nutrition plan does not outweigh the negative effects of alcohol. To achieve results in the gym, you need a combination of exercise, nutrition, and recovery.

Alcohol interferes with this process no matter how strict you are with the foods you eat. The main reason for this is that alcohol impairs myofibrillar protein synthesis (MPS). Protein synthesis occurs to repair muscle protein. When you exercise, muscles undergo stress and become damaged. To repair this damage, muscles need protein. MPS is the process that promotes protein turnover.

Alcohol contributes to protein breakdown more than your nutrition does to protein synthesis. When the body degrades muscle protein, it breaks down more muscle than it builds. In other words, never building muscle.

Many try combining protein sources with alcohol to outweigh the negative effects. This does not diminish the effects of alcohol on muscle growth.

But to help limit the severity of negative effects, you can work out earlier in the day. Leave as much time in between workouts and consumption of alcohol as you can. This limits the effect it has on muscle protein synthesis.
[...]
While alcohol affects many organs, it impacts the liver the most. The liver filters out alcohol and other toxins, which is why excess alcohol consumption creates a fatty liver. Fatty liver influences your metabolism and how your body stores energy.

The buildup of fat is a result of the body prioritizing alcohol calories over stored energy. This takes away from burning fats, carbs, and protein in the body.

Giving up on alcohol will make you see better results from gyming/sport. :p

Düber

I used to be very thirsty and am rather pleased to say I have had sober days ( and weekends ;) ) for five years now.

Don't miss it much, just on some seriously hot days I find myself wanting a beer.

Blantyre

I stay with my parents so I really only drink a few times a year nowadays. My parents are conservative and don't even know I drink. They don't ask and I don't tell.

I miss having a few and taking nonsense with friends (as we did in University, 2014-17) but don't miss drinking itself, especially the part when you wake up the next morning and feel physically terrible and embarrassed.

I used to have an embarrassing habit of sending bad text messages when drinking and a few times it went to the wrong subject (this was before the delete option on WatsApp was a thing).

Tribs

I have had some Amarula - but not much. Don't want to reduce the efficacy of the pills