Home Brewing

biometrics

I placed an order with beerguevara.com. They say it will be delivered tomorrow. Let's see.
That server is under strain.

Resource Limit Is Reached
The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

acidrain

So if I pasteurise it will stop the yeast and I can store in outside the fridge? So how do I pastuerise, can i put them in the bath with warm water?
Yes if you pasteurize you can store outside. Heat water in pot to 82C, turn off heat and then put bottles in to sit for 10min.

Edit: Water should sit above the level of the liquid in the bottle

biometrics

Yes if you pasteurize you can store outside. Heat water in pot to 82C, turn off heat and then put bottles in to sit for 10min.

Edit: Water should sit above the level of the liquid in the bottle
So not plastic bottles then? Mmm.

acidrain

Maybe not at that temp but apparently PET bottles can be pasteurized at temps of 65C perhaps leave it in for longer at lower temp

biometrics

Maybe not at that temp but apparently PET bottles can be pasteurized at temps of 65C perhaps leave it in for longer at lower temp
The 5L won't fit in a pot, was hoping I can do it in the bath with geyser water.

R

[)roi(]

The 5L won't fit in a pot, was hoping I can do it in the bath with geyser water.
You should decant to glass bottles or jars; plastic bottles can get weakened by heat and you may end up heating a grenade.
Many white wine bottles have screw caps, similarly valpre glass bottles, also glass tomato sauce bottles, pickle bottles, etc.

Snyper564

Mixed reports... Here he tried Coca Cola, Fanta and Mountain Dew... the only 1 that worked according to him was Fanta; but then in the comments there is a suggestion that by heating the soft drink on a medium heat (but not boiling) will remove the preservatives and allow fermentation to occur normally once it has cooled down.
the Ginger Cola one you boil for 10 min maybe thats why it works

Snyper564

Bottles on the left are 5 day fermented and 3 day bottled conditioned apple Liqui Fruit just pasteurized and cooling down. On the right cranberry apple Liqui Fruit fermented for 8 days and to be bottle conditioned for 3 tills till pasteurization. Both tasted before bottling and both delicious. All bottles are 750ml, used brewers yeast not bread yeast

1588693060735.png

Snyper564

So my 20L apple beer is definately developing a bit of an alcohol smell so I guess it's working. I'll bottle into 4 x 5L plastic bottles.

I only have space for two in the fridge. So if I pasteurise it will stop the yeast and I can store in outside the fridge? So how do I pastuerise, can i put them in the bath with warm water?
follow this