Feature phones with Whatsapp

Düber

I can't recommend one but a while back I got a phone with Android Go and it was the most frustrating thing I ever tried to use. I can't even remember the name of the thing, got it from Pep Stores.

biometrics

I can't recommend one but a while back I got a phone with Android Go and it was the most frustrating thing I ever tried to use. I can't even remember the name of the thing, got it from Pep Stores.
I'm looking for something that has the modern day basics like phone/sms/whatsapp/maps/browser/music/camera but are too frustrating to use all the time, so I'll stop my habit of picking it up all the time but still have those functions if really needed.

Nokia 6000 and 8000 seems good...

Düber

I'm looking for something that has the modern day basics like phone/sms/whatsapp/maps/browser/music/camera but are too frustrating to use all the time, so I'll stop my habit of picking it up all the time but still have those functions if really needed.

Nokia 6000 and 8000 seems good...
That is all I need a phone for except for the frustration.
As for not picking it up, just leave it somewhere inconvenient and only check for messages at certain intervals.

People know that I will only check messages at lunchtime and again after 5pm. If you want me urgently then you phone. It also stops the time wasters that want to hold an entire extended conversation over whatsapp when a 30sec phone call explains and clears everything up.

biometrics

Nokia 2760/2720 Flip looks like it fits the bill.

Last edited:

biometrics

biometrics

Having second thoughts about my digital detox. Might return it unopened. :(

biometrics

That's the spirit.

Psst. I've got an unopened iPhone SE 2022 5G going for R8.5k, or R8k to you only ;)
I have an iPhone 7 so I can use the watch. Other than some development work it’s unused.

biometrics

Logged a return for tomorrow. Not worth spending R2k to go backwards with tech. Seemed like a good digital detox idea at the time I thought about it. Will try self-discipline rather... ;)