Famous/Infamous Quotes

Fargle

It doesn't matter who said it, or why.
If you like it, post it.

"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." - 1919 H. L. Mencken

Seldom Bucket

“Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money!”
― George Carlin

Seldom Bucket

“We're so self-important. So arrogant. Everybody's going to save something now. Save the trees, save the bees, save the whales, save the snails. And the supreme arrogance?

Save the planet! Are these people kidding? Save the planet? We don't even know how to take care of ourselves; we haven't learned how to care for one another. We're gonna save the fuckin' planet? . . . And, by the way, there's nothing wrong with the planet in the first place.
The planet is fine. The people are fucked! Compared with the people, the planet is doin' great. It's been here over four billion years . . . The planet isn't goin' anywhere, folks.

We are! We're goin' away. Pack your shit, we're goin' away. And we won't leave much of a trace.
Thank God for that. Nothing left. Maybe a little Styrofoam. The planet will be here, and we'll be gone. Another failed mutation; another closed-end biological mistake.”
― George Carlin

Seldom Bucket

quote-when-you-are-dead-you-do-not-know-you-are-dead-it-s-only-painful-and-difficult-for-others-ricky-gervais-84-94-36.jpg

Tribs

A few gems by Robbin Williams (I miss having him on this planet)

“Good people end up in Hell because they can’t forgive themselves.”

“Medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love: these are what we stay alive for.”

1590096568472.png

1590096612009.png

1590096821776.png

Dave

A few gems by Robbin Williams (I miss having him on this planet)

“Good people end up in Hell because they can’t forgive themselves.”

“Medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love: these are what we stay alive for.”

View attachment 2365

View attachment 2366

View attachment 2367

You missed some

I'm sorry, if you were right, I'd agree with you.

Divorce is expensive. I used to joke they were going to call it 'all the money,' but they changed it to 'alimony.' It's ripping your heart out through your wallet.

Robin Williams

Tribs

“The measure of intelligence is the ability to change” -Albert Einstein

“The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude” -Oprah Winfrey

“Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” -Harriet Tubman