Eskom Power Alerts

Spizz

Wakey wakey. Loadshedding stage 2 rest of the week.

2d8ae3cf65dd6875d15e4a20a60f5ac4.jpg

Spizz

You're going to want to move or buy a new system soon...

I'm considering taking my system with me. Well, the battery and inverter anyway just to beat loadshedding. I don't know if the solar panels would get permission on a listed building and there's not a "good" place to put them anyway.

biometrics

I'm considering taking my system with me. Well, the battery and inverter anyway just to beat loadshedding. I don't know if the solar panels would get permission on a listed building and there's not a "good" place to put them anyway.
Does it make sense to break it apart though? There is a cost in removing it and redoing wiring and you leave a broken system, rather leave it as an asset of the house and increase your selling price to cover it. It’s certainly an attraction to would be buyers.

Then you can rather get the newer inverter and battery which I found recommended in that mybb thread and mentioned in the alt electricity thread here. It has wifi and graphs and stuff.

Spizz

Does it make sense to break it apart though? There is a cost in removing it and redoing wiring and you leave a broken system, rather leave it as an asset of the house and increase your selling price to cover it. It’s certainly an attraction to would be buyers.

Then you can rather get the newer inverter and battery which I found recommended in that mybb thread and mentioned in the alt electricity thread here. It has wifi and graphs and stuff.

That's how I was hoping it would play out. But I'm not putting it in with the house as a fixture, if they new buyer wants it then it will be a cash purchase over and above and I'll leave it there and just replace it.

Spizz

I'm so used tot this thing now I don't even check when loadshedding is. We had it from 6 to 8.30 this morning and I only knew it had finished when I was outside and heard a beep from the garage signaling the unit was changing sources.