E-Bike E-Scooter

biometrics

Did you get it?
Not yet, need to go have a look. They said the scratches are superfiscial and the panel can be replaced when they get their main shipment. But I don't really care as long as it's not bad, a 10% discount is pretty decent...

All in is R42,200 (bike, registration, plates, microdot, inspection, delivery).

Then I need a helmet, maybe this one:

Luckily I had a 50cc license as a teenager and at some point it was converted to a 125cc so I have a license to drive it.

satanboy

Baxteen

never skimp on a helmet. even if its just for short rides. you never know when a taxi is going to be passing a truck on a blind corner putting you in a situation where there is nothing you can do.

make sure the helmet has a 4* rating on the british standard.
the brits are a massive nanny state, so I really trust their helmet standard.

+1 for Bike Kings. got my helmet from them.
I have this one

biometrics

never skimp on a helmet. even if its just for short rides. you never know when a taxi is going to be passing a truck on a blind corner putting you in a situation where there is nothing you can do.

make sure the helmet has a 4* rating on the british standard.
the brits are a massive nanny state, so I really trust their helmet standard.

+1 for Bike Kings. got my helmet from them.
I have this one
I am only going to drive in my suburb and the beach road in Melkbos, so very low risk.

Was thinking of this one, where do I get the rating?

Baxteen

I am only going to drive in my suburb and the beach road in Melkbos, so very low risk.

Was thinking of this one, where do I get the rating?

an accident happens when you are least prepared.
because if you were prepared it would not have been an accident it would have been a mistake.
spend the extra cash, get the more safe helmet. the piece of mind that comes with it is worth way more...

biometrics

an accident happens when you are least prepared.
because if you were prepared it would not have been an accident it would have been a mistake.
spend the extra cash, get the more safe helmet. the piece of mind that comes with it is worth way more...
What's wrong with the one I linked to? I'll never be going faster than 60 if ever, so a full face seems unnecessary. I'll never leave Melkbos so no highways etc.

Baxteen

What's wrong with the one I linked to? I'll never be going faster than 60 if ever, so a full face seems unnecessary. I'll never leave Melkbos so no highways etc.

low speed falls cause more damage. higher speed, a lot of damage is done to gear as you slide. the slide dissapates energy.
with a low speed fall all that energy goes into your body.
lets take an example, you come around a corner, nice and controlled. not too fast. just cruising. what you dont see is the oil on the road. because the road is black and the oil is black, its been a hot day it doesnt even shine.
now next corner comes around, you start to brake oil on the tire decides nah not gona stick to the road you skid. natural reaction is to brake harder. sudden grip kicks in because oil is off the wheel. suddenly you are heading to the ground.
hands out the way because breaking fingers sucks. hit the ground wiht your shoulder, like your supposed to. you roll over in the fall because gravity sucks. chin hits the ground.
so full face helmet, modular helmet? nothing happens, worst case new helmet need.
open face you have a new chin scar to charm the ladies with. chicks dig scars right? worst case steak though a straw for 6 months because your jaw is wired shut.

buy once, Cry once.
goedkoop koop is duur koop.
whatever you want to call it.

biometrics

low speed falls cause more damage. higher speed, a lot of damage is done to gear as you slide. the slide dissapates energy.
with a low speed fall all that energy goes into your body.
lets take an example, you come around a corner, nice and controlled. not too fast. just cruising. what you dont see is the oil on the road. because the road is black and the oil is black, its been a hot day it doesnt even shine.
now next corner comes around, you start to brake oil on the tire decides nah not gona stick to the road you skid. natural reaction is to brake harder. sudden grip kicks in because oil is off the wheel. suddenly you are heading to the ground.
hands out the way because breaking fingers sucks. hit the ground wiht your shoulder, like your supposed to. you roll over in the fall because gravity sucks. chin hits the ground.
so full face helmet, modular helmet? nothing happens, worst case new helmet need.
open face you have a new chin scar to charm the ladies with. chicks dig scars right? worst case steak though a straw for 6 months because your jaw is wired shut.

buy once, Cry once.
goedkoop koop is duur koop.
whatever you want to call it.
I've actually been in two bike accidents as a teenager. Helmets were crap then compared to today I suspect.

Ok fine, recommend one that won't break the bank, I don't want to spend R5k to drive a R42k escooter...

Baxteen

I've actually been in two bike accidents as a teenager. Helmets were crap then compared to today I suspect.

Ok fine, recommend one that won't break the bank, I don't want to spend R5k to drive a R42k escooter...

that, plus the size you need.
then flip over to the sharp site and check it has at least a 4* rating
I dont know what size you will need.
but you are looking at around R2500 or so for most of them
also never buy a second hand helmet. 1 bad drop and the integrity of the helmet is compromised, leading to it being completely useless.
take that into account as well. dont drop your helmet, it may look fine on the outside....
I got mine on sale for R4300 but its a modular one because I like to be able to have an "open face" when I am walking to my bike, I also need the built in sun visor.