Coronavirus COVID-19 News specific to South Africa

Spizz

A different interpretation, it's deliveries that are limited, not sales.

'E-commerce delivery' has the same hours
Online sales of booze are allowed – but with e-commerce bundled in with bricks-and-mortar sales, the same limitation on hours apply. That means your booze delivery will have to be between 09:00 and 17:00 Monday to Thursday, or not at all.

So fucking stupid. You’d think they are trying to create long queues and crowds at bottle store with the restricted hours and these daft rules for e-commerce.

Badballie

I have a liquor licence , not sure i am up to being a bottle store .
I have the perfect place for a drive thru .
If i am going to do it , not much time to get my shit together for Monday .
"
Alcoholic drinks will go on legal sale again in South Africa on Monday, after 66 days of prohibition.

There will be strict rules about buying booze under Alert Level 3, government ministers announced on Thursday, in a preview of regulations that were published late on Thursday afternoon – but much less strict than originally envisaged.

Bars, taverns, and licensed restaurants will be able to sell booze too, on a takeaway basis, and hours of sale will be much longer than had once been planned."

Last edited:

biometrics

let me guess, 3 cases beer, 3 cases cider, 3 boxes wine, 3 boxed wines, 6 bottles spirits?
Wtf is this? The spirits section. I assume they are still working on the site (as it's not working), as this can't be right.

1590693292673.png