Clip on ties, where can one buy one in Pretoria

Paul Hjul

Wondering where Jan managed to get his tie

Attachments

• IMG-20201112-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20201112-WA0002.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 16

Paul Hjul

Must have bought it to go with the award...

I emailed him and apparently there are high schools in Pretoria. Still trying to find evidence

biometrics

Though that was an interesting story, I can't help but think Vodacom will win ISP of the year with the MyBB fake awards next time.

I mean really, how about real journalists like you get at Daily Maverick/Scorpio/Amabhungane/GroundUp.

Last edited:

Seldom Bucket

b545694a2f48dc60d2af46aee7b818ca190f63dc62a88d3a6c670e96917f6e5f.jpg

satanboy

Though that was an interesting story, I can't help but think Vodacom will win ISP of the year with the MyBB fake awards next time.

I mean really, how about real journalists like you get at Daily Maverick/Scorpio/Amabhungane/GroundUp.
What a fucking joke.

Paul Hjul

I think the article represents the best tech journalism peice of the last couple of months. I am also strongly of thr view that Jan and Wesley Fick are strong tech journalists when they get their teeth into some investigative work. The problem is an industry that doesn't fully function.

What is really frustrating is that the generally corrupt relationship between Rudolph and Vodacom cheapens what is a genuine accomplishment. Fortunately when a person moves past an SA pond Jan is recognized but honestly I don't know how he puts up with the fact that he gets a prime spot at AfricaCom but is made to play fiddle by his employer to Aki.

Of course right now I am seething at the doublespeak and bullshit from Vodacom in general and the harm the firm is doing to the industry in part because looking at the spectrum ITA on its way VC look quite geared to go and derail the process.