CIDR Notation, Subnetting and Mathematics

BloodrayneZA

Because to get 510 addresses you need to use 1 bit from the third octet, which is why it's a /23. You need 9 bits to represent numbers from 256 to 511.
Ok, I get it now. So 186.0 to 187.255 will give me 510 addresses so that means I have to go back one number for this notation.

BloodrayneZA

Yes hence the /23
/22 you'd go back 2 bits which gives you 0-3 (4 numbers) x 256 =1024 addresses per subnet.
Thank you, now I understand that a bit better. I’ve been doing some prep with this and it’s gotten a lot better in just 3 days.

biometrics

I'm more worried about some parts that I might not kill. Distance vector and link-state protocols I suck at it. Just completed a quizz and it's 9/20. fuck it's bad.
You don't pass on one topic, right. So you'll average out fine. What is the pass rate?

BloodrayneZA

You don't pass on one topic, right. So you'll average out fine. What is the pass rate?
Um

about 77%

The passing score on the CompTIA Network+ N10-006 exam is 720. In terms of percentages this works out to a score of about 77%. This means that with a total of 90 questions on the exam you will need at least 70 correct answers to pass.11 May 2016

BloodrayneZA

Well lets see - I did a post assessement and went back on the ones that needed reviewing the most.

I did Chapters 7, 8, 9 and 10 today - 18/20, 15/20, 13/20 and the last which was routing protocols at 9/20. It's nearly impossible to remember things like the AD numbers for each routing protocol (EIGRP for example or RIP / RIPv2).

Sinbad

I'm more worried about some parts that I might not kill. Distance vector and link-state protocols I suck at it. Just completed a quizz and it's 9/20. fuck it's bad.
Do the ones you know well first. Get those in the bank before you tackle the ones that you find more challenging. Nothing worse than running out of time with some of the easy questions unanswered

BloodrayneZA

Bah Humbug...

Exam did not launch after the 15 mins it said it would take to do so. Got a error code saying sorry it's taking so long and when I tried to connect to a chat operator on the website (it gave me a link to FAQ's and to chat to someone online about the issue). Operator never came online so I had to fill in a form to reschedule it. What a frigging pain in the arse.

spiderz

Bah Humbug...

Exam did not launch after the 15 mins it said it would take to do so. Got a error code saying sorry it's taking so long and when I tried to connect to a chat operator on the website (it gave me a link to FAQ's and to chat to someone online about the issue). Operator never came online so I had to fill in a form to reschedule it. What a frigging pain in the arse.
Yay! more study time!