Best electric shaver?

biometrics

I’ve used Philips and Braun (3 and 5) over the years. The Philips was better imo.

What do you use/recommend?

Rudolph Hart

I used a Remington 40 years ago, worked well but couldn’t find a new mesh when it wore out. Have had two Phillips in the past twenty years, but still end up not using them that much, if I’m not very careful, they give me a rash where my neck and chin meet. I think my skin is more sensitive now than it used to be.

To answer your question more directly - I use a Phillips from time to time but I don’t feel I can go so far as to recommend it.

biometrics

I used a Remington 40 years ago, worked well but couldn’t find a new mesh when it wore out. Have had two Phillips in the past twenty years, but still end up not using them that much, if I’m not very careful, they give me a rash where my neck and chin meet. I think my skin is more sensitive now than it used to be.

To answer your question more directly - I use a Phillips from time to time but I don’t feel I can go so far as to recommend it.
I've tried a Braun 3 and 5. The foils don't last long and are expensive. They also stopped supplying the 5's foil in SA and I had to get it from Amazon. I've tried using it again this week but I don't like it, makes a racket, lots of vibrations and it pulls at the hair so it feels like being pinched. Don't like it at all.

The Philips lasts much longer but to deep clean it is a hassle having to open it and untwist the lock mechanish, then taking the cutter out and cleaning it and then trying to reassemble it, it always takes ages for me with my shitty eyesight. And there are three of them. Once you do that it cuts decently for a month or two and then gets clogged again.

So I dunno, foils didn't do it for me on the cheaper Brauns, and the Philips requires a deep clean every few months which I find hard to do.

Rudolph Hart

The Philips I had twenty years ago was better than the one I bought during lockdown. The new one is lithium ion, but spins really slowly - fully charged it feels like the old one did when it was flat.

scudsucker

Real men have beards!

That said, I found the Braun shavers pretty good before I got lazy (real man!) and just grew a beard.

I trim it with a Wahl, which is a low to mid-range machine, but if you oil the blades is good enough for hair dressers, so good enough for me.