Afghanistan

Quetzalovercoatl

It only remains now to be seen if they will remain content with their conquest, or whether they will try to annex other countries as well a la Anschluss.

Jings

Nowhere to go really, doubt they will try Iran pretty sure they have a presence in Pakistan
The Middle Eastern people have a certain culture. Since the US pulling out of Afghanistan appears as a sign of weakness and defeat, it will garnish more support for groups like Isis, Al Qaeda and Taliban. These territories have been at war for a good part of thousands of years. Conflict is part of life.

EADC

The Middle Eastern people have a certain culture. Since the US pulling out of Afghanistan appears as a sign of weakness and defeat, it will garnish more support for groups like Isis, Al Qaeda and Taliban. These territories have been at war for a good part of thousands of years. Conflict is part of life.

Not sure what the bold part means, but the geo political landscape out here is quite complex, I doubt the Taliban will have much sympathy outside Afghanistan.

Jings

Not sure what the bold part means, but the geo political landscape out here is quite complex, I doubt the Taliban will have much sympathy outside Afghanistan.
Well it shall be interesting to see how it will all pan out.

EADC

Wasn't it Reagan who trained and armed the Mahjuradaan to fight the Ruskies who then became the Taliban?

I would be lying if I knew the history that far back but I know the conflict has been going on for awhile under various names

Blantyre

To be honest, the current situation in Afghanistan makes South Africa's problems seem somewhat like first-world issues. Getting access to a functioning home affairs etc must really be the last thing on the minds of citizens there now.

greg0205

Even before that:

The British empire invaded Afghanistan twice –
in 1838–42 and in 1878–81.
Yup, the Great Game... and I'll just add that for this history nerd it's just brilliant that someone else knew that.