A whatsapp question

emam

Ok, so I'm a stalker, and I have every right to be one.....

Does anyone know if whatsapp have updated something so that, although you have someone as a contact (but you've never messaged them), it doesn't show their last seen or even if they're online any longer?

Am I making sense?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

emam

It may be that they have changed their online status setting.
I thought so too.....but I'm talking about 4 people....they wouldn't have all changed it on the same day a couple of weeks ago.....this is what I find weird.....
I've even tried Googling but it seems not even Google understands my question

Kornhole

Is your last seen set to nobody? It wont let you see others either then.

Nicholas

Has anyone here studied statistics?
If I had to guess, I'd say that the probability of 4 people you are investigating all changing a setting on the same day is not 0.

emam

Is your last seen set to nobody? It wont let you see others either then.
Yes dork but when I need to stalk, I change my settings.......ask me, I should be the FBI but this whatsapp shit is pissing me off

emam

Has anyone here studied statistics?
If I had to guess, I'd say that the probability of 4 people you are investigating all changing a setting on the same day is not 0.
Exactly
Thats why I'm trying to establish if whatsapp have a new privacy tool that if you've never messaged someone, you can't see their online info....not good for us stalkers

Kornhole

Exactly
Thats why I'm trying to establish if whatsapp have a new privacy tool that if you've never messaged someone, you can't see their online info....not good for us stalkers

To see if it has the new update send me a nude and whatapp will block it.

Nicholas

Exactly

Ah....so what you might want to run a search on is "WhatsApp privacy [settings"
I see that the company adopted a new privacy policy earlier this year, but don't know how this would affect Emam's Private Investigations.

Tribs

I don't know - I cannot see most people's because of their privacy settings. But I do think you need to have them as a contact. Saved. I could be thinking of Telegram though.

emam

I don't know - I cannot see most people's because of their privacy settings. But I do think you need to have them as a contact. Saved. I could be thinking of Telegram though.
They are saved contacts, and, up until about two weeks ago, I could see their last seen and when they're online but now I can't. They're also the only contacts I have that I've never messaged....obviously

Tribs

They are saved contacts, and, up until about two weeks ago, I could see their last seen and when they're online but now I can't. They're also the only contacts I have that I've never messaged....obviously

It begs the question - how did you get their contact details? :devilish: Teach me Senpai

emam

It begs the question - how did you get their contact details? :devilish: Teach me Senpai
It's so easy.....fb, Google, Instagram...the social media world is your oyster

emam

I can't see quite a few of my contacts statuses.
Yes, obviously have their last seen off....I'm referring to people I've never whatsapped

Nicholas

She clearly wants to see that they are still alive and well
Send the following message: "ping", or just as them how they are doing - unless you really are running surveillance on them via Social Media and messaging software, in which instance, you may want to air out your trench coat and fedora - or deerstalker hat if you are going for the classic look.