• 2 cups (260 g) all cake flour
• 1 teaspoon of salt (skip if using salted butter)
• 2 teaspoons of sugar (for sweet recipes, otherwise skip)
• 1 Cup unsalted butter (225 g) cubed and not cold
• ½ Cup (115 ml) sour cream (full fat, NOT light sour cream)
• ¼ Cup grated parmesan cheese
• Mix the salt and sugar with the flour
• Rub the flour into the butter
• Add the sour Cream and mix with a fork or the back of a wooden spoon until mixture comes together
• With your hands bring everything together and form into a disk
• Wrap it in plastic film and refrigerate for at least 30 min before using,
• Overnight is good – if dough is a bit hard when rolling out just let it sit outside a little longer
• Roll dough out on a lightly floured surface.
This recipe makes enough dough for a top and bottom crust of a 23cm pie dish. The dough ratio is 225 g butter – ¼ cup sour cream – ½ tsp salt – 1tsp sugar (use sugar if you want to make a sweet crust)
You can follow Tippie Enslin on Facebook, Instagram and at Tippie Cooks.