Your TakeAlot, Loot, Raru, Wootware, etc Buys, prices and reviews

biometrics

Amazon is amazing when it comes to refunds. Product took a long time to arrive (four weeks), power supply was damaged. Told them I don't want a new one or return it as it took so long and that they can just credit me for the power supply to replace locally. Refunded in full instantly. And that's not the first time I experienced their refund policy. Trick is to chat to a human...

12V 1A power supply from Takealot is R109. Refund is $73.

satanboy

Loot
I ordered items on 01 Feb 2021. Delivery set for 22 Feb.....FFS, but I can't find these items elsewhere.
Today I received an email from them that they are unable to find the one item. FFS!!
but they sent me an R50 voucher...now I have to wait until 10 March! FFS!!
😖

Amazon - delivery costs more than the item.

GreGorGy

Loot
I ordered items on 01 Feb 2021. Delivery set for 22 Feb.....FFS, but I can't find these items elsewhere.
Today I received an email from them that they are unable to find the one item. FFS!!
😖

I bought something on Banggood and 15 days later it arrived. So China is better at delivering than loot. That seems crazy. I figured I just got lucky so yesterday, I ordered another thing. Let's see how long it takes.

satanboy

1613738914432.png

65 reviews! And 4.5/5!!
The price for what the product is.
I believe this all to be fake.

Johnatan56

View attachment 11032

65 reviews! And 4.5/5!!
The price for what the product is.
I believe this all to be fake.
At R400 my expectation is that there is sound/can play music for at least 30 minutes, nothing about quality (both audio and device), fit, charge time, longetivity, etc.

And again, most BT earbuds are overpriced, there's certain licenses that need to be paid (like QC aptx, aptx HD and aptx LL), so they'd use a derivative like the open source implementation of Aptx: https://github.com/pali/libopenaptx
I'm hoping things like BT LL (BT LE Audio LC3) help quite a bit, Windows might finally have a proper Aptx LL like implementation, currently you can only get it by manually installing it from Dell's drivers or owning a Dell (driver is baked in).

EDIT: You're going to be looking for earphones/buds/headphones with this: https://www.qualcomm.com/news/relea...qcc305x-soc-series-helping-bring-premium-true

Last edited:

satanboy

Loot
😖

and now the other two items are delayed....delivery expected 5 March.

FFS

The moral of the story is use Amazon instead, pay more and receive items sooner.

GreGorGy

I bought something on Banggood and 15 days later it arrived. So China is better at delivering than loot. That seems crazy. I figured I just got lucky so yesterday, I ordered another thing. Let's see how long it takes.

and now the other two items are delayed....delivery expected 5 March.

FFS

The moral of the story is use Amazon instead, pay more and receive items sooner.

The Banggood item's expected delivery is 3 March. China is beating loot, according to these projections. FFS Loot - get your shit together.

biometrics

Did a few product reviews on Takealot. For the bird spikes I said "It works". The only review. Had two gutter downpipes the doves loved to shit from. For the garden bench I returned I said "Will rust to dust in a year". Lots of 5 star reviews, mine was 1 star. Hope it stops a few people from buying crap.