powermzii

Ctrl + D for desktop
Win + Tab for multiple desktops
Win + # where # is 1-9 to launch apps on your task bar in that order

Sent using Tapatalk

Johnatan56

Part of power toys:
1594238217494.png

When you hold down the windows key, the above pops up, windows + dot does seem to be missing though.

Windows + t will cycle through your desktop icons on the task bar, seems to be missing from the image as well. So is win+p for projector.
windows + v is for clip tray.

windows + print screen will save a screenshot of current windows to pictures/captures or wherever you set it.

BloodrayneZA

On your web browser, I know this works on Firefox but I can't remember if it works on Chrome - press the F12 key, you get a pop-up below showing you the HTML / CSS / other code hierarchical structure plus other tools in it.

Grotto-F12Key.jpg

Tribs

Part of power toys:
View attachment 4402

When you hold down the windows key, the above pops up, windows + dot does seem to be missing though.

Windows + t will cycle through your desktop icons on the task bar, seems to be missing from the image as well. So is win+p for projector.
windows + v is for clip tray.

windows + print screen will save a screenshot of current windows to pictures/captures or wherever you set it.
I just loaded powertoys the other day. Really cool - especially the renaming one

Johnatan56

On your web browser, I know this works on Firefox but I can't remember if it works on Chrome - press the F12 key, you get a pop-up below showing you the HTML / CSS / other code hierarchical structure plus other tools in it.

View attachment 4404
Should also mention F5 at that point. :p
Thread title is windows shortcuts, not browser shortcuts.

Added one if browser: Ctrl+F5 for clear cache + refresh.
If you want to see what a site looks like on mobile while on desktop, hit the mobile icon in developer tools (top right side in the F12 thing you opened).

1594307584497.png

Last edited:

powermzii

If you're using multiple monitors you can move a window to another monitor quickly by
Win + Shift + Left or Right arrow depending if you want to move it left or right

Sent using Tapatalk

Johnatan56

If you're using multiple monitors you can move a window to another monitor quickly by
Win + Shift + Left or Right arrow depending if you want to move it left or right

Sent using Tapatalk
And then half size by using windows key + left/right, up for full, down for windowed repeat for minimize.

netstrider

Not entirely shortcuts, but I often use the following to open what I need:

Win+R and then

outlook and enter
firefox and enter
winword and enter
excel and enter
control and enter (for control panel)
cmd and enter
msconfig and enter
services.msc and enter

Johnatan56

Not entirely shortcuts, but I often use the following to open what I need:

Win+R and then

outlook and enter
firefox and enter
winword and enter
excel and enter
control and enter (for control panel)
cmd and enter
msconfig and enter
services.msc and enter
You can do the same with search. I also suggest you probably look at power toys -> run: https://github.com/microsoft/PowerToys/wiki/PowerToys-Run-Overview

Like MacOS/Ubuntu spotlight. You could also just use normal search for any of those.

1594584041143.png
I pretty much only use search, never start menu.