Why do people not want to make friends anymore?

scudsucker

I spent some time in Swellendam in January, and found it refreshingly easy to make friends. One or two of them I would consider a close friend, after just 3 weeks.

Not so much in the city, though, seems to be a slower process. I think it is a function of being honest and open with strangers.

biometrics

I spent some time in Swellendam in January, and found it refreshingly easy to make friends. One or two of them I would consider a close friend, after just 3 weeks.

Not so much in the city, though, seems to be a slower process. I think it is a function of being honest and open with strangers.
I'm inviting you for some beers and hikes when I get back in July. Been taking it easy since getting covid in Jan.

Moosedrool

I get bored extremely quickly on my own. There are times where I don't want to do anything socially but it normally doesn't last long before I need to go chat with someone. My Mom said I'm dangerously extroverted and can't function without socially interacting. I never get stage fright though I can't sell stuff to save my life other than IT solutions because I'm consider myself being too honest.

SlinkyMike

I think people want to they just don't follow through.

My old man used to drill it into me: "Always show up, always. You never know what can happen if you do, if you don't you can be sure nothing will happen."

That advice has taken me far in friendships and business.

I think if you suggest and activity and actually drive it to fruition it can jump start things. The old "we should braai" (aka: fokof) is all too common.