Who do you use for your .co.za domain and email?

Jade @ AH

Feel free to check the old support tickets. Can't really remember now. The one issue I recall is that setting an email forwarder didn't work. Apparently some incompatibility with the UI vs the backend. You mentioned it.

Also, the discarding of emails when I sent something like 100 emails rather than slowing it down wasn't cool. I'm now using AWS SES.
I did raise the email forwarding issue with the developers / vendors and its fallen on deaf ears... sorry about that.

Email limits, in a shared hosting environment there has to be a limit to ensure service continuity for all users.

Jade @ AH

@biometrics

I've just taken another look at the Solid Forum and see that a similar issue was resolved in version 1.4.6 of SolidCP but not the one I had notified them about so I have created a new issue with them and hope that they are able to fix in the next release.

Y2K

Feel free to check the old support tickets. Can't really remember now. The one issue I recall is that setting an email forwarder didn't work. Apparently some incompatibility with the UI vs the backend. You mentioned it.

Also, the discarding of emails when I sent something like 100 emails rather than slowing it down wasn't cool. I'm now using AWS SES.
So you use digital ocean and AWS? How much does it cost per month?

biometrics

So you use digital ocean and AWS? How much does it cost per month?
Check here though I forgot to add AWS SES:

Jade @ AH

Then slow it down, don’t delete it.
That presents its own set of challenges which would require additional man power to constantly manage the spools, the end result in an increase in hosting fees to cover these man hours.

You're approaching this from the perspective that its only you and a few other clients using the same server when in fact the numbers run into the upper end of 10000 users per mail server. If each user was allowed to use the mail servers for bulk email then you would be complaining that your emails don't arrive or worse, rejected because the mail servers have been used for spam.

This may not be what you want to hear but shared hosting has it's own pro's and cons and this is one of them.

Jade @ AH

Just wanted to add to my last response, we dont delete mails unless they are in violation of our aup, and instead mails are throttled.

biometrics

instead mails are throttled
Which is what I suggested but you said you can't do it. They were in fact deleted and an error message returned.

I hardly call sending 100 emails once a month bulk email.

Anyway, I've moved my email sending to AWS.