Whistleblower: Ubiquiti Breach “Catastrophic”

biometrics

Better change your passwords and enable 2FA if you use Ubiquiti.

On Jan. 11, Ubiquiti Inc. [NYSE:UI] — a major vendor of cloud-enabled Internet of Things (IoT) devices such as routers, network video recorders and security cameras — disclosed that a breach involving a third-party cloud provider had exposed customer account credentials. Now a source who participated in the response to that breach alleges Ubiquiti massively downplayed a “catastrophic” incident to minimize the hit to its stock price, and that the third-party cloud provider claim was a fabrication.

Quetzalovercoatl

We use unifi, but I'm not worried as we don't use any of their cloudy products.

And besides, our wifi LAN is on its own VLAN. So really no way for them to get in.

Bryn

My current home network is 100% UniFi, from the Security Gateway, Cloud Key Controller, multiple LR access points to the Outdoor+ access point.

Never again. For this amount of money, the hand-off is not good enough. And I hate the controller software. I'm moving house soon and I'll have to investigate the various mesh options.

AfricanTech

My current home network is 100% UniFi, from the Security Gateway, Cloud Key Controller, multiple LR access points to the Outdoor+ access point.

Never again. For this amount of money, the hand-off is not good enough. And I hate the controller software. I'm moving house soon and I'll have to investigate the various mesh options.

Keep us informed

Would love to know what the affordable alternatives are.