Which stores or products do you miss the most?

satanboy

Stores/Restaurants
Tops
PnP Liquor
Greens
Moksh
Knife
Tigers Milk

Products
Whiskey
Craft Beer
Red WIne
White Wine

Last edited:

Spizz

I find Checkers Liquor has the best prices for booze. Especially whisky. So that's at the top of my list for shopping.

Not missing any restaurants now for food as my favourites are opening and delivering. I miss sitting down to eat though.

Products wise, I could do with a couple of crates of Windhoek Draft and Old Harbour lager, and I need some mid range (cheap) whiskies to stop me drinking all the good stuff in my collection.

biometrics

Since I started working from home five years ago I used to go out for a beer at the end of the day. Yeah, can’t do that anymore. I miss craft beer, I stocked up on 12 cases of Castle Lite 500ml simply because it was easy to transport and stack at home. If we have a pandemic do over I will stockpile more wisely...

Actually relieved the Castle is nearly finished, it really is a vile drink. The homemade ginger beer is much nicer. Apple beer next.

LD50

I find Checkers Liquor has the best prices for booze. Especially whisky. So that's at the top of my list for shopping.

Not missing any restaurants now for food as my favourites are opening and delivering. I miss sitting down to eat though.

Products wise, I could do with a couple of crates of Windhoek Draft and Old Harbour lager, and I need some mid range (cheap) whiskies to stop me drinking all the good stuff in my collection.
There's so much talk about Hermanus on here all the time it made be think of how nice it would be to sit down at Lemon Butta again.
Does it still exist?

Spizz

There's so much talk about Hermanus on here all the time it made be think of how nice it would be to sit down at Lemon Butta again.
Does it still exist?

Nice views and nice sushi. It’s called Lemonicious now iirc.

biometrics

Does it still exist?
Been there twice and disappointed each time. La Pentola is much better. Food and view.

biometrics

I’m saying nothing :p
Yeah I know you have a thing for some restaurants incl Lizette's. Guess who I saw there a few months ago?

La Pentola has a nice special, two course for R120 or three course for R150. Both the housemate and I think they are one of the best in town (for meat eaters). Great view too with open windows.

LD50

Yeah I know you have a thing for some restaurants incl Lizette's. Guess who I saw there a few months ago?

La Pentola has a nice special, two course for R120 or three course for R150. Both the housemate and I think they are one of the best in town (for meat eaters). Great view too with open windows.
When I'm in town I'll go there. As long as it's not too fancy. I'm more interested in good tasting food than a beautiful table with fancy chairs where if you drop the F-bomb 5 others diners drop their cutlery. And if you're dining in a place like Hermanus you'd like the bonus of a good view

Spizz

When I'm in town I'll go there. As long as it's not too fancy. I'm more interested in good tasting food than a beautiful table with fancy chairs where if you drop the F-bomb 5 others diners drop their cutlery. And if you're dining in a place like Hermanus you'd like the bonus of a good view

Let me know when you are coming after all this shit is over, and I’ll point you towards the best restaurant in town ;)

Spizz

Did you see me there? Haven’t been for a year at least. But yeah, most restaurants in town are similar to the next one. I prefer to go to your regular haunt these days as I prefer casual munching and a beer to fancy sit down. That’s why I’d always pick Tapas in town, but of course Brewery is closer to me now.

Oh, and LD50, Lemonicious has changed undos but apparently it’s still a decent place to go.

biometrics

Did you see me there? Haven’t been for a year at least. But yeah, most restaurants in town are similar to the next one. I prefer to go to your regular haunt these days as I prefer casual munching and a beer to fancy sit down. That’s why I’d always pick Tapas in town, but of course Brewery is closer to me now.

Oh, and LD50, Lemonicious has changed undos but apparently it’s still a decent place to go.
No not you, your SO.

I loved Tapas but the new one isn't the same. My favourite place is probably Belgian Waffle.

Spizz

No not you, your SO.

I loved Tapas but the new one isn't the same. My favourite place is probably Belgian Waffle.

Never tried it. But I wonder if and when we’ll ever get back to normal?

Wife was absolutely hectic today and she’s even busier tomorrow. It’s a new world dude.

biometrics

Never tried it. But I wonder if and when we’ll ever get back to normal?

Wife was absolutely hectic today and she’s even busier tomorrow. It’s a new world dude.
Can't go wrong with Belgian beers and they have many.

At some point they will figure out a drug cocktail that will reduce it from a deadly disease to something manageable. I recall when I went to Nigeria and ask the locals about malaria, they aren't bothered by it. If they get sick they take a drug and stay in bed for a week. Then life goes on again.

Remdesivir is the first drug that helps.

Congrats, glad for her. I realised I have a ton of food to eat first before I can place an order.

Spizz

Can't go wrong with Belgian beers and they have many.

At some point they will figure out a drug cocktail that will reduce it from a deadly disease to something manageable. I recall when I went to Nigeria and ask the locals about malaria, they aren't bothered by it. If they get sick they take a drug and stay in bed for a week. Then life goes on again.

Congrats, glad for her. I realised I have a ton of food to eat first before I can place an order.

Cool beans. Im a huge advocate of going through the stuff we have also, but I must confess I had a pizza from Rossi’s last night :p