WhatsApp and threats

Geminigall

My son got a whatsapp yesterday from some random person who had a photo of him he had never posted before and tried to make a move on my son and when he said he has a girlfriend this unknown person started belittling him and threatend to kill him. My son was so freaked out he reported this person to Whatsapp

BUT

Now we cannot find the cell no or messages anywhere on his phone. Whatsapp deleted it as soon as he reported it. I want to lay a charge against this little fucker or grown up, but must be able to have proof.

Anyone out there that knows how to get info like this back?

He is 15 and freaked out!

Last edited by a moderator:

biometrics

That must be a creepy feeling. Sorry I don't know. But I doubt our cops would be of much help.

BloodrayneZA

I had similar before I left for the UK. This guy said I gave him my number and I was supposed to meet him in PMB at Shoprite.

I told him he had the wrong number but was adamant that I gave him his number. English was horrible. I showed it to my mom and she said don't even bother. Just block him. So I reported him and blocked.

I mean this whole thing was freaky. I would have to presume that someone gave him a fake number and it turned out to be mine.

Y2K

My son got a whatsapp yesterday from some random person who had a photo of him he had never posted before and tried to make a move on my son and when he said he has a girlfriend this unknown person started belittling him and threatend to kill him. My son was so freaked out he reported this person to Whatsapp

BUT

Now we cannot find the cell no or messages anywhere on his phone. Whatsapp deleted it as soon as he reported it. I want to lay a charge against this little fucker or grown up, but must be able to have proof.

Anyone out there that knows how to get info like this back?

He is 15 and freaked out!
The best advice I can give you is to get a new number and move on, people will always try to fuck with you, all you can do is move on and hope that they leave you alone.

Reactions: OCP

OCP

That must be a creepy feeling. Sorry I don't know. But I doubt our cops would be of much help.
SAPS is useless and toothless when it comes to things like these.
Block number and forget about it.
The world is full if crazies (just look at this forum) - not worth stressing over every unsavory character that is looking for attention.