What's For Dinner Tonight?

Seldom Bucket

I know what's for dinner tomorrow night, Brijuni. Prepping and mixing everything for tomorrow afternoon

BloodrayneZA

Freak your guests out with Halloween Hot Dogs

View attachment 10230

Pin on Food and Drink Love
Now that's what you call finger foods ;)

BloodrayneZA

ive seen people pre bake theirs before. I havent tried this yet
I wouldn't pre-bake - rather do what you did, wrap up and stash in the freezer - tomato paste or chilli paste added before freezing and just take out one. That's actually smart - we used to buy them every month, growing up on the farm and we all take share into cutting up toppings such as peppers, tomatoes, bacon, ham, etc.... Even the cheese so we prepare what we want on our pizzas (it was 5 children in the house with two brothers at varsity).

Papa Smurf

I wouldn't pre-bake - rather do what you did, wrap up and stash in the freezer - tomato paste or chilli paste added before freezing and just take out one. That's actually smart - we used to buy them every month, growing up on the farm and we all take share into cutting up toppings such as peppers, tomatoes, bacon, ham, etc.... Even the cheese so we prepare what we want on our pizzas (it was 5 children in the house with two brothers at varsity).
Yeah my method is working pretty well so far
I am having no issues
Mine are stored dry as they are layered with wax paper
I find if I just leave one on the kitchen counter for half an hr it feels great and ready for my tomato pizza base and get started making pizzas.

I actually use a pasta sauce that i have learnt to love as my pizza base sauce

BloodrayneZA

My ex in the 90s made the best ever. Everytime she made it I would be in heaven that night and would offer to do all the washing up and cleaning up afterwards :ROFLMAO:
housemate eats it like there's no tomorrow. He'll have 3 helpings if he can help it.

And has blamed me for him putting on weight and a beer belly (he hardly drinks and with the lockdown, he doesn't really drink at home).

BloodrayneZA

Sour Bread starter is ready, dough is mixed and now resting. Going to also make some sour bread tomorrow afternoon
I used to bake a lot of different breads and rolls. Which reminds me of my first job in the bakery at Spar when I was in Matric - worked weekends and school holidays that year.

Seldom Bucket

I used to bake a lot of different breads and rolls. Which reminds me of my first job in the bakery at Spar when I was in Matric - worked weekends and school holidays that year.
only thing is to bake a sour dough bread from scratch takes about 6 days