What was the most expensive thing you lost?

Blantyre

Excluding theft, what was the most expensive thing you lost i.e by being careless.

I left my wireless earphones in an aeroplane yesterday which I just bought for R450. It's not an extensive amount but I'm still bummed. Other things which I've lost in the past are a Puma watch, I left it in a hotel on holiday once and it was not in the lost and found (staff must have taken it but there was no way to prove it, probably worth a few thousand but I did win the watch in a competition). I also lost an ID once, not an extensive amount but re-making it is just a hassle.

I've lost a phone but it was stolen in a mugging so I won't count that.

scudsucker

Nothing I can recall.
That's the trick! If you can't recall losing it, it may just turn up, eg, in those jeans that are a bit tight so you didn't wear them for 6 months, then you put your hand in the pocket... and there is your old phone.

spiderz

My mind ... but not sure if it's worth anyhting ... 🤔

Spizz

I left a kindle on a plane. Cost me R3000 to replace including the cover.

Spizz

Actually, a guy I worked with bought the latest wireless Bose QC noise cancellation headphones (whatever model that was in 2018) for R8000. He got them in duty free before getting on the plane and then left them in the pocket of the seat in front on the same flight

Johnatan56

Actually, a guy I worked with bought the latest wireless Bose QC noise cancellation headphones (whatever model that was in 2018) for R8000. He got them in duty free before getting on the plane and then left them in the pocket of the seat in front on the same flight
Usually the stewardess etc. will pick it up and you can contact the airline to get it couriered back to you. Also, full price QC is <R6k even when they came out, their price point is 350 EUR.

Personally, probably my second watch back when I was 8/9, would probably be around R1k in today's money. I do not want to lose my current R3/4k watch or R4k headphones. :p

Else probably flash drives, but the last one was the 128GB one I got from MyBB, that was worth R2k at the time probs, lent to a friend and never returned.

Breaking things though, three pairs of sunglasses, one with an oar (paddling in rapids, friend in front of me knocked the oar into my face, luckily hit the sunglasses instead), two sat one. Oar one was around R3k in today's money (was 2016), the ones sat on about R1k each.

Side note: polarized glasses due wear out after a few years, the UVA/UVB protection does not. Have only had one pair of sunglasses long enough to have that issue though.

Spizz

Usually the stewardess etc. will pick it up and you can contact the airline to get it couriered back to you.

My Kindle went bye bye at CT airport. The guy with the headphones was at Dakar. You are on another planet if you think the cleaners don't hoover these things up 5 minutes after the last passenger disembarks. I certainly called and tried to get it back but there is no chance in this country.

Also, full price QC is <R6k even when they came out, their price point is 350 EUR.

And I guess the price depends on where you buy them, but you don't get much change out of 10k in this country for QC35, not sure what his model was though. He flew from Indonesia.