What streaming music service does everyone use?

Johnatan56

Spotify used to have the problem for me with intel + dedicated on laptop that it would always just launch as a black screen, had to force it on Nvidia GPU.

Used to use Xpotify/xpo music: https://xpomusic.com/ (open source client, they use the Spotify API)

(EDIT: Note Xpo Music V3 will use WinUI 3 once production version of that is launched, so should be end of this month or next month, should be substantially faster as changes to the new Edge rendering engine)

OCP

I realise that, given that yours works, you’ve never googled it and never seen the many threads on Spotify’s own support pages dealing with the app vanishing mid song, but reiterating that yours has never died sort of implies that the next phrase in the sentence is going to be “so it must be something you’re doing wrong”. If that is what you’re implying, then perhaps you’d like to do some research first.
I have spotify on my phone/laptop and 2 workstations.

Linked to the echo dot in the kitchen which plays music 90% of the time when I am home.

Have both my kids and my girlfriend on the family plan.

Not a single crash so far.

Sure - every app has issues but it might be worth looking into your hardware to see why you are so many problems.

Rudolph Hart

I have spotify on my phone/laptop and 2 workstations.

Linked to the echo dot in the kitchen which plays music 90% of the time when I am home.

Have both my kids and my girlfriend on the family plan.

Not a single crash so far.

Sure - every app has issues but it might be worth looking into your hardware to see why you are so many problems.
iPhone 11, 256GB and all other apps have been stopped. I have no problems with any other apps dying. I can listen to podcasts (not on Spotify) for a six hour drive while it’s navigating as well with no issues, but play a couple of tunes with no other apps running and it dies within fifteen minutes. If you restart it, it carries on where you left off, gets about ten seconds further into the song and dies. It’s a know issue, I’m not the only one having it, but it remains unfixed.

Rudolph Hart

Well you seem to be intent on having an argument with yourself, I merely stated mine has not crashed there could be thousands of reasons an app crashes.

But I I don't just mean one app as I have it on about 3 other devices two being TV's and no such thing happens.
On the contrary, I’m doing my best to avoid an argument, although it still feels a lot like you’re telling it’s my fault, because it works for you. You don’t seem to care that it’s a known bug that many people have, and that it may perhaps not be my fault, but Spotify’s. I’m all for brand loyalty, but that seems to be taking it a bit too far.

OCP

iPhone 11, 256GB and all other apps have been stopped. I have no problems with any other apps dying. I can listen to podcasts (not on Spotify) for a six hour drive while it’s navigating as well with no issues, but play a couple of tunes with no other apps running and it dies within fifteen minutes. If you restart it, it carries on where you left off, gets about ten seconds further into the song and dies. It’s a know issue, I’m not the only one having it, but it remains unfixed.
I only have Android devices as do my kids and my girlfriend so this would seem to be an IOS app problem?

Sinbad

There's yer problem :D

Rudolph Hart

I only have Android devices as do my kids and my girlfriend so this would seem to be an IOS app problem?
Agreed, that seems to be the case, although my kids and kids-in-law also use iPhones and they seem to be OK. Some of them even pay for premium.

Rudolph Hart

Have you tried resetting the phone?
Some of the threads on the issue suggest resetting your phone to factory and then restoring it. I just deleted the Spotify app so that I’d not be tempted to see if it’ll work this time, only to be disappointed again.

If I was paying a fee and had a an investment in it, I might be prepared to go to all that hassle. I’d far rather Spotify fix the issue in the App though.

Essentially my point of view is that they want me to buy their product, yet the demo version doesn’t work, and I’m not prepared to waste my time fixing their bug - I’m happy to try a few things, but a factory reset is beyond what I consider reasonable. If I was buying a car and we broke down on the test drive, and the salesman asked me to walk back to the dealership to try a different model, I’d just keep walking right past that dealership and go elsewhere.

biometrics

Some of the threads on the issue suggest resetting your phone to factory and then restoring it. I just deleted the Spotify app so that I’d not be tempted to see if it’ll work this time, only to be disappointed again.

If I was paying a fee and had a an investment in it, I might be prepared to go to all that hassle. I’d far rather Spotify fix the issue in the App though.

Essentially my point of view is that they want me to buy their product, yet the demo version doesn’t work, and I’m not prepared to waste my time fixing their bug - I’m happy to try a few things, but a factory reset is beyond what I consider reasonable. If I was buying a car and we broke down on the test drive, and the salesman asked me to walk back to the dealership to try a different model, I’d just keep walking right past that dealership and go elsewhere.
I totally agree. Was just curious if you tried.

Sinbad

Hmm. Considering you you quoted me as saying something completely different to what I actually posted, are you sure it's actually spotify you're having an issue with and not perhaps tidal or youtube music? Definitely an iPhone???

:eek::LOL:

Rudolph Hart

Hmm. Considering you you quoted me as saying something completely different to what I actually posted, are you sure it's actually spotify you're having an issue with and not perhaps tidal or youtube music? Definitely an iPhone???

:eek::LOL:
Sorry, I started replying to you, but didn’t post it. I then came along and replied to biometrics, but it had stored your quote for me. I screwed up the edit.

Spizz

My huawei still has Google.

Oh cool. But it must be stressful wondering if the phone will automatically update the play store and boom, it’s gone. Happened to me on a 3DS once. Lost the ability to play SNES games on an emulator when the thing updated the firmware on the fly.