What shoes do you wear?

Spizz

These look cool
View attachment 27247

My every day wear are these but with the laces and grey soles. But they are cold so i bought a pair of these yesterday for a bit of warmth and thicker soles.

vanshigh.png

scudsucker

Got some Jonnson gumboots this weekend - managed to go away for the weekend without taking any shoes at all, into the cold of Montague.

We headed towards the Hex River mountains on Monday to take the kids to see snow; lucky for me there was an Agrimark on the way out of town.

scudsucker

View attachment 28577
I would buy these in a heartbeat if they weren't so difficult to put on.
Your mother never taught you how to tie laces?

My mum was left-handed so I learnt to tie bows in a mirror image of how they should be tied (the problem being the initial half-hitch).

That meant I needed an additional half-hitch at the end to prevent my laces becoming undone...into a granny knot.

Edit: that was a very nerdy post, sorry. I own:

1 x pair 2nd hand German Army firefighter boots (silver, like those guys in full body silver who fight serious aircraft crash fires). The dude who sold them to me at the Milnerton market assured me, in a strong German accent, "these have never been worn by a black man". Gee, thanks.

1 x pair Jonnson gumboots, which if i repurpose for some other use, I may wear more than the once I have.

1 x pair Saloman trail running shoes. Saloman fit me perfectly, even though I have very high arches.

1 x pair Shoecity size 11 peep-toe stilettos. Hell, everyone goes to a Rocky Horror Show, once in their life, right? They were fucking uncomfortable.

2 x pairs fancy shoes, both a slightly posher style of veldskoen, one black, one brown, to match my collection of second hand safari-suits.

Aside from those, barefoot by preference.

Last edited:

biometrics

Bare feet is also comfortable; the shop and brewery don't care, and I don't get to spend R1000+ on glorified slippers.
R599