What shoes do you wear?

SauRoN

One thing many of us don't do which can increase the lifespan of footwear by a bit is actually untying your lace when you remove it. Many people just take it off in a rush and this significantly increase strain and wear and tear.

I would argue then those shoes never fit properly if you manage to do that.

I’ve only ever undid my shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

biometrics

Vibram Furoshiki

61556962b0a6c1c449ca2606498c5ae9.jpg

Best shoes ever. Just a wee bit cold in the winter, would need to try the furrier range.

That looks awesome, from where?

SauRoN

That looks awesome, from where?

Sadly I think it’s import only at this stage.

Originally got them from here.

But they don’t list them any longer so I’m not sure.

The size guides worked very well though and they allow for quite a bit of variance.

biometrics

Sadly I think it’s import only at this stage.

Originally got them from here.

But they don’t list them any longer so I’m not sure.

The size guides worked very well though and they allow for quite a bit of variance.

Ordered from Amazon.co.uk for R1,850. A big part of that is taxes to protect our non existent clothing industry. Thanks for the tip!

SauRoN

Ordered from Amazon.co.uk for R1,850. A big part of that is taxes to protect our non existent clothing industry. Thanks for the tip!

Awesome. Let’s hope you sized them right.

Not too bad I as I recall I paid R1299 locally and that was on an extreme special.

SauRoN

Wow. I like them.

Changed my life as they put very little strain on your feet and it’s almost like being barefoot with soles.

Only complaint I would have is in winter they can be a bit cold when standing around outside say at a braai or such, but then different socks help with that.

I can even do a little jogging with them but you can’t really sprint with them or do super active stuff like hiking as they slip out and obviously flex as well.

Walking over rough terrain can be a very weird sensation as you feel the surface as if barefoot but without anything stabbing you.

I’ll definitely be getting more. They are fantastic for travelling especially as a motorcyclist as they take up no space at all.

Would be awesome for aeroplanes as well I reckon.

Another problem is that for the lack of thick sole most of my long pants aren’t compatible, but that’s hardly the shoe’s fault.

I’ve gotten many odd looks at first especially when worn with shorts but I reckon most people want them after understanding how it works.

biometrics

Changed my life as they put very little strain on your feet and it’s almost like being barefoot with soles.

Only complaint I would have is in winter they can be a bit cold when standing around outside say at a braai or such, but then different socks help with that.

I can even do a little jogging with them but you can’t really sprint with them or do super active stuff like hiking as they slip out and obviously flex as well.

Walking over rough terrain can be a very weird sensation as you feel the surface as if barefoot but without anything stabbing you.

I’ll definitely be getting more. They are fantastic for travelling especially as a motorcyclist as they take up no space at all.

Would be awesome for aeroplanes as well I reckon.

Another problem is that for the lack of thick sole most of my long pants aren’t compatible, but that’s hardly the shoe’s fault.

I’ve gotten many odd looks at first especially when worn with shorts but I reckon most people want them after understanding how it works.

Should get mine tomorrow or Tuesday.

satanboy

Vibram Unisex-Adult Furoshiki Mid Boot Classic Shearling Camel Brown Sneaker​

Sinbad

SauRoN

Vibram Unisex-Adult Furoshiki Mid Boot Classic Shearling Camel Brown Sneaker​

Yeh I’ll definitely be looking at expanding now that I know my size.

Can’t find anything else that works.

biometrics

Got another pair of Salomon ankle high boots. They're on special and if you sign up to their loyalty program you get another 10% off.

EADC

Managed to get these for 50% off ( now up to 16 pairs of shoes)

C32062_E.jpg

Last edited:

greg0205

I'm confused... I have a cupboard full of Chuck Taylors and Havaianas... Is that not how this works?