What shoes do you wear?

Rudolph Hart

I have a pair of Hi-Tec boots that sit outside the back door for walking, I bought them from the co-op once when I went on holiday and forgot to pack a pair of shoes. Other than that I usually buy my shoes from Ground Cover in Curries Post.

scudsucker

I have a pair of Hi-Tec boots that sit outside the back door for walking, I bought them from the co-op once when I went on holiday and forgot to pack a pair of shoes. Other than that I usually buy my shoes from Ground Cover in Curries Post.
The only area in which I treat myself is shoes. Even though I rarely wear them, R3000 Saloman is great. I tend to go on challenging hikes, so they normally last a year or so.

I treat my wife to far more expensive shoes, but then, those shoes are not really meant for walking...

Nicholas

Here are my shoes:
Delete Me.jpg

The one on my left foot is what I wear within the walls of Beatty House. I take them off and change into what you see on the right before leaving the property. Before the pandemic, I only wore the ones on the right to work.

dabean

I usually wear my shoes for way too long. Not top of my list of things I care about, as long as they're comfortable.

Nicholas

I usually wear my shoes for way too long. Not top of my list of things I care about, as long as they're comfortable.
I usually only replace my shoes once they have holey soles or they are coming open where the upper part of the shoes meets the base. :oops:

Rudolph Hart

A few years ago I put out a couple of pairs of boots next to the garbage (if something was still useful, I’d leave it next to the garbage bin, and the labourers on the farm would usually take it). When I came home I noticed that while the boots were still there, someone had carefully removed the laces and taken those. I realised that the boots were actually a lot worse than I thought they were, but that’s my style with all clothes. I wear my favourite until it’s falling apart, and leave the rest of the perfectly wearable stuff in the cupboard.

Rudolph Hart

The only area in which I treat myself is shoes. Even though I rarely wear them, R3000 Saloman is great. I tend to go on challenging hikes, so they normally last a year or so.

I treat my wife to far more expensive shoes, but then, those shoes are not really meant for walking...
I used to wear Jim Green boots for hiking. Haven’t hiked in a while though, but I’ve been considering a pair of them again, they’re comfortable for general walking, and are nice and warm in winter, with the benefit of being waterproof which is great for mud, and if you happen to find yourself in snow.

satanboy

Since lockdown, I don't wear shoes 95% of the time.

The only time when I do is when I go out my front door (and that is rare).

Blantyre

One thing many of us don't do which can increase the lifespan of footwear by a bit is actually untying your lace when you remove it. Many people just take it off in a rush and this significantly increase strain and wear and tear.

biometrics

One thing many of us don't do which can increase the lifespan of footwear by a bit is actually untying your lace when you remove it. Many people just take it off in a rush and this significantly increase strain and wear and tear.
Huh? How do you get it off without untying the laces?

SauRoN

Vibram Furoshiki

61556962b0a6c1c449ca2606498c5ae9.jpg

Best shoes ever. Just a wee bit cold in the winter, would need to try the furrier range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SauRoN

View attachment 6531
Crocs: Yukon Vista Clog
Never with socks. :ROFLMAO:

Actually have similar ones but without the ankle straps and they are pretty good.

Nothing has come close to the Bronx genuine leather sandals I had for 10+ years and can’t find a similar replacement for.

I hate anything that needs to go between your toes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro