What is the worst tasting food/drink you have ever consumed?

scudsucker

I used to visit the McD's when I was a lot younger and making very little money, because they had two good things:

Paper cups, and free All-Gold tomato sauce.

They stopped providing the free tomato sauce after a few months...

greg0205

Really late to this thread but felt compelled to add my 10c to the Lychee conversation.

In a previous life I spent time on the government payroll, having been automatically signed up to a two year employment contract, the perks of which included travel to destinations I hadn't chosen, wearing brown and carrying a gun.

Anyway, the first part of those two years was spent in an orientation shitfest folks affectionately called 'basic training'. My particular shitfest all happened in the cultural and economic hub of Potchefstroom.

For reasons known only to god and Potchefstroom middle management, the only options for drinks were godawful, early morning... some might say coffee , 'tho I'm not one of them... and Lychee juice at all other times.

For three straight months.

It's thirty three years later and the smell of Lychee still triggers an involuntary gag reflex.

satanboy

Really late to this thread but felt compelled to add my 10c to the Lychee conversation.

In a previous life I spent time on the government payroll, having been automatically signed up to a two year employment contract, the perks of which included travel to destinations I hadn't chosen, wearing brown and carrying a gun.

Anyway, the first part of those two years was spent in an orientation shitfest folks affectionately called 'basic training'. My particular shitfest all happened in the cultural and economic hub of Potchefstroom.

For reasons known only to god and Potchefstroom middle management, the only options for drinks were godawful, early morning... some might say coffee , 'tho I'm not one of them... and Lychee juice at all other times.

It's thirty three years later and the smell of Lychee still triggers an involuntary gag reflex.
OMG I was also sent to Potchefstroom. What a fucking shit place ( Klipdrift?)

Last edited:

Spizz

Durian filled doughnut was not particularly nice.

I just had a look through the cupboard, thought I still had some of the individually wrapped ones that I brought home from Indonesia. Wife must have chucked them out. I tried a nibble of an actual Durian, but overcoming the smell is pretty hard so it's hard to say if it was a good taste or not.

Other than that, I'd agree with Apple Cider Vinegar.

And celery.

Tribs

Potch hey? We used to oggle the army guys whenever we went to Potch. I grew up in Carletonville - which had nothing. Potch was a mecca in comparison. Saw my first Star Wars movie there.

greg0205

Potch hey? We used to oggle the army guys whenever we went to Potch. I grew up in Carletonville - which had nothing. Potch was a mecca in comparison. Saw my first Star Wars movie there.
I love stopping at places that have nothing when I'm road tripping... That N12 drive 'tho, was not that.

LD50

castor oil
half cooked beef tongue
mother's milk

scudsucker

I once (to return the thread to its original topic) went camping, with 6 friends, where we took nothing but cornflakes, marijuana, and Old Brown Sherry.

By the third day, even after a solid joint, corn flakes with OBS was kind of a difficult swallow.

SlinkyMike

Honestly it's Dr. Pepper.

We had hosted some Americans for a week and let me tell you did these guys rant and rave about Dr. Pepper. They actually found it so amazing that they were feeling sorry for me since they assumed that it was so wonderful that you couldn't get it in a fishing village on the tip of Africa.

So I took them to Spar and they were enraptured.

So I'm in the car on the way back and the Dr. Peppers are popping open all around me and the Yanks are like: "Crack her open my man, get some!"

So I do that.

You know that version of the song that goes 'Swamp Thing, you look like everything'? Yea, Dr. Pepper tastes like everything. Everything plus sugar. I actually could not even begin to describe it but if it was a colour it would be brown, deep, dark, shitbrown.

The most unappealing flavour I could never have imagined. I am disappoint. How could they like something so shit, so much?

No wonder these twonks elected Trump.

biometrics

Honestly it's Dr. Pepper.

We had hosted some Americans for a week and let me tell you did these guys rant and rave about Dr. Pepper. They actually found it so amazing that they were feeling sorry for me since they assumed that it was so wonderful that you couldn't get it in a fishing village on the tip of Africa.

So I took them to Spar and they were enraptured.

So I'm in the car on the way back and the Dr. Peppers are popping open all around me and the Yanks are like: "Crack her open my man, get some!"

So I do that.

You know that version of the song that goes 'Swamp Thing, you look like everything'? Yea, Dr. Pepper tastes like everything. Everything plus sugar. I actually could not even begin to describe it but if it was a colour it would be brown, deep, dark, shitbrown.

The most unappealing flavour I could never have imagined. I am disappoint. How could they like something so shit, so much?

No wonder these twonks elected Trump.
Cherry or Vanilla Dr Pepper or Coke with spiced rum is delicious