What is the most you would pay for a pair of shoes?

Y2K

Old faithful, Going back to primary school, I don't think I've ever worn a more comfortable shoe in my life and no lol that's not my hands.

1610996841162.png

Seldom Bucket

I don't buy shoes often but when I do I go for comfort, New Balance seems to fit my feet well as they are on the wider side, Adidas, Nike tend to be very narrow and hurt my feet regardless of the size I take.
This is why I go with Johnson's shoes, remember my first a pair of safety shoes/ boot were a killer, after the first two months it was the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn.
Why all my shoes now are steel tipped, also comes in handy

Reactions: Y2K

Rudolph Hart

All my shoes, shirts, shorts, jeans, socks, etc I buy from Johnson's Work wear. They are made to work and last.
Was in Edgars, looked at the jean prices, I could buy two triple stitch jeans at JWW instead of the one stitch at Edgars
We share the same tailor.

NarrowBandFtw

I’ve got a pair of Tsonga flops, and they’re shit. The leather on the insole gets very smooth after a short while, and your foot has no grip on them and they’re a pain. You can’t walk up a gentle slope without your feet slipping all over. Mine aren’t the only ones - I know of at least two other people who’ve had the same problem. The advantage is that they look great and last forever (probably because you only wear them once a year, when you suddenly remember why you don’t wear them).

Tsonga’s other shoes are great, I’ve never heard a complaint about them other than the flops.
dammit, so which brand of flops does one buy that are not impractical but will still last?

Blantyre

Trick is to have multiple pairs and rotate them makes them last longer currently have a pair Adidas that is 7 years old.

What also helps is to keep an old pair for rough work like basic errands, walking around in bad weather and doing work around the garden etc. A lot of people just throw away/give away their shoes once they start to not be presentable to use for socials.

You should keep at least one pair for hazardous conditions that you are prepared to let get damaged.

Smuggy

What also helps is to keep an old pair for rough work like basic errands, walking around in bad weather and doing work around the garden etc. A lot of people just throw away/give away their shoes once they start to not be presentable to use for socials.

You should keep at least one pair for hazardous conditions that you are prepared to let get damaged.
I don't attend social occasions...:ROFLMAO: And have the works safety boots for hazardous occasions..

bigAl-sa

dammit, so which brand of flops does one buy that are not impractical but will still last?
Bought a pair of flops at Makro for R125 three years back and they are still going strong. Best of all, they don't pick up the vrot foot smell that most of the very much more expensive sandals do.

Lara

My friend just bought these and these

da66d5917537d85704dbefc1889e8d99.jpg
The exchange rate putting style in jeopardy. :D

Urist

does this count?

My footwear:
Alpinestars Riding Boots R2500
Blundstone Regular Boots R2500
Safety Boots R500
Nike Tekkies R900
Plakkies/Sandals R200

The pair of safety boots I bought at builders warehouse is surprisingly good

Last edited:

Blantyre

Got this from Takealot today. Carrera had the exact same shoe for R700 on their website.

Shoe.png

Carrera.png

Papa Smurf

Got this from Takealot today. Carrera had the exact same shoe for R700 on their website.

View attachment 10687

View attachment 10688
R395 is bloody cheap for shoes. Many years ago I tried buying cheap shoes in that price range and lower and they all last 3 months. The soles would give way inside and it became very sore walking in them.

Let us know how these go (y)

Blantyre

Many years ago I tried buying cheap shoes in that price range and lower and they all last 3 months.

Generally, they all last me a year or two. This was the first pair I've bought since 2018 but I've never spent more than 1k on a pair of shoes.