What is the greatest bit of life advice you have to give?

Tribs

Only problem with not following the norm of marriage and children is that you will lose your friends and be lonely by 50. Sucks, but that is how it works. But then again you avoid a nasty divorce.
I am not lonely. Actually I am trying everything to be alone 😂
I did lose friends when I got married as your focus changes - not theirs. But we reconnected and are friends again - and will be forever. But there are not many. You don't want many.

Reactions: OCP

Blantyre

I did lose friends when I got married as your focus changes - not theirs. But we reconnected and are friends again - and will be forever. But there are not many. You don't want many.

I'm in somewhat of a similar situation.

I do crave social interaction often but do feel awkward when exposed to too much social interaction and then just crave being alone. I've been a lone wolf all my life. I really click with probably less than 10% of people that I meet with.

Nicholas

This is going to be messy:

At some time in your life, you may overreach yourself
@biometrics: What Tribble is saying is that she wants you to wield The Banhammer.

satanboy

"To get back to the warning that I received. You may take it with however many grains of salt that you wish. That the brown acid that is circulating around us isn't too good. It is suggested that you stay away from that. Of course it's your own trip. So be my guest, but please be advised that there is a warning on that one, ok?"

Blantyre

When traveling, make sure you research the place beforehand and watch videos.

I used to be too lazy before and preferred to be spontaneous but I've found that I appreciate the place much more when I research.

I know this is general for many but some still don't do it, lol.

Spizz

When traveling, make sure you research the place beforehand and watch videos.

I used to be too lazy before and preferred to be spontaneous but I've found that I appreciate the place much more when I research.

I know this is general for many but some still don't do it, lol.

Unless you are an experienced traveller like me. I’m off to a place called Jwanesbek tomorrow and plan to walk round the city taking in the sights. Someone told me of a place called Hillbrow which is apparently very nice.

Tribs

Unless you are an experienced traveller like me. I’m off to a place called Jwanesbek tomorrow and plan to walk round the city taking in the sights. Someone told me of a place called Hillbrow which is apparently very nice.

I lived in Hillbrow - just near the tower. It was a lovely place to live

Spizz

I lived in Hillbrow - just near the tower. It was a lovely place to live

'Was' being the operative word :p Last time I was there was in 2003. I'm sure it's even worse now than it was then.

Blantyre

'Was' being the operative word :p Last time I was there was in 2003. I'm sure it's even worse now than it was then.

Depends where you are. Some parts are better, some are worse. Some parts of the City centre may be bad, but Sandton is certainly better as are some parts of Soweto.