What is the greatest bit of life advice you have to give?

Blantyre

This can be anything from travel, lifestyle and general life advice.

One that I can give is :

When you are deeply angry and want to lash out at someone, wait a day and if you still feel like calling and or lashing out at the person, do it. If you do it impulsively, it could lead to deep regret.

Tribs

Don't delay doing things - you may not have time later.
I can't just do one - this is difficult.

If someone matters to you - tell them. Let people know how special they are to you. We don't have much time with them.

Reactions: OCP

EADC

Some people are born with them.

We probably shouldn't be cunts by using the female reproductive organs as a pejorative.

Does anyone even consider the word to mean female reproductive organ anymore?

Anyway I just teach all the people I meet to use the word poes as an alternative.

biometrics

I think that will be me lol. No plans to get married and the older I get, I just feel that it's not for me.

It seems like a lot of 90's and beyond people will not get married.
Only problem with not following the norm of marriage and children is that you will lose your friends and be lonely by 50. Sucks, but that is how it works. But then again you avoid a nasty divorce.

Johnatan56

I think that will be me lol. No plans to get married and the older I get, I just feel that it's not for me.

It seems like a lot of 90's and beyond people will not get married.
Dunno, I can point at 2/3 now that married that are 27 and 28yo respectively.

It's just that you generally get married later, my parents married mid 30's, we live longer, and we change quite a bit from 20's to 30's to 50's to 70's, who really knows what life will shape them to be.

My advice is pick a goal you like, where the journey is achievable, break it down into steps and go for it, life only has the meaning you give it, and the journey is just as important as the destination.

Blantyre

Only problem with not following the norm of marriage and children is that you will lose your friends and be lonely by 50. Sucks, but that is how it works. But then again you avoid a nasty divorce.

Nowadays because of social media, meetups, online dating etc, you can make new friends quickly if you put the effort into it and really want to.

Smuggy

Remember there is a difference between being alone and being lonely.. I have a group of friends but as an introvert, I decided when I want company.. I believe being alone sometimes is good for one.. Kinda clears the mind..