What do you REALLY think of Trans people?

EADC

I’ve got no issue whatsoever with trans people, but you’re going so far out of your way to be a cunt about it, I’m prepared to make an exception for you.

The trans part is irrelevant really, being a cunt is a personality trait.

You not making an exception.

Aang

It's a mental illness, isn't it? I don't really know what trans means but thinking you're in the wrong body or something like that is not healthy and spending money on surgery and medical treatment is sick. Those doctors will go to hell. If you're a boy who feels like a girl then dress and behave like a girl, and vice versa. I don't believe in gender roles or that boys and girls have to behave or dress according to their sex.

SlinkyMike

Consider myself an ally, as I would be with anyone finding themselves outside of the rigidity of social construct. We need to progress as a society and that requires a degree of maturity and flexibility - live and let live as the saying goes, we need to get there. I see trans people as ethical heroes for that reason.

Paul Hjul

It's a mental illness, isn't it? I don't really know what trans means but thinking you're in the wrong body or something like that is not healthy and spending money on surgery and medical treatment is sick. Those doctors will go to hell. If you're a boy who feels like a girl then dress and behave like a girl, and vice versa. I don't believe in gender roles or that boys and girls have to behave or dress according to their sex.
Um no, you are conflating gender dysphoria (which is problematical considered within the paradigm of pathologies) with identity disassociation which is a really bad form of reductionism.

Gender realignment procedures aren't primarily about appearance and in functioning societies a person presenting as "feeling in the wrong body" will have access to various counselling and non-surgical options well before undergoing surgery. Unfortunately few societies actually function and there is a real risk (and it occurs too often) of a transitional surgery being undertaken and then regretted. It is difficult to blame the surgeons for what is a systemic problem. Society needs to grow the fuck up and stop being dicks to people who are not fully conformant to a binary cisgender set of tropes and assumptions.

Aang

Um no, you are conflating gender dysphoria (which is problematical considered within the paradigm of pathologies) with identity disassociation which is a really bad form of reductionism.
Please educate me as to what is the difference? Both of those are found in the DSM-5 so both are considered a mental illness

SauRoN

Don’t have any problem with the general concept as a whole and people wanting to make a change to better align themselves with themselves.

I do have concerns that much like plastic surgery in general there is a notion of this becoming the new normal driven by the rich and famous where people put ridiculous concepts of reality on themselves that aren’t achievable.

There is definitely a psychological aspect to consider in many cases because of the above, but it’s equally prevalent in “normal” people circles who believe what they see on Instagram and YouTube etc is reality.

The part where I struggle to gel are the “queens”. This isn’t because someone is gay/trans or even straight because I find overly loud and flamboyant woman to be equally annoying, but it’s just more prevalent or rather observable in the queer community.

This can indirectly lead to a “those damn gays are so annoying” type of perception even though most aren’t remotely like that and most I know you wouldn’t even know are gay if they didn’t tell you or you met their partner etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro