What do you do when you can't sleep?

Seldom Bucket

Only on weekends when Im in party mode
Otherwise like now I am finishing my 2nd black label 1 litre beer which is equivalent to a 6 pack of 330ml beers
Tipsy yes, no where drunk.
Nice relaxed feeling, nice and calm
Gonna start a fire outside now and make a pizza
Just chill
When I get into bed later after eating I am full in the tummy, tiny tipsy and 100% relaxed, I will fall asleep in under 1 minute.

If I try this kak sober I will stare at the ceiling until sunrise
It's already after 8 and you're only starting dinner now!? Shit Dinner is at 6

BloodrayneZA

I've been using over-the-counter sleeping pills for a while. I think I've become immune to them now as I took two yesterday but still ended up staying awake until dawn and felt absolutely terrible during the day. I felt relatively okay when driving but the walking zombie phase kicked in when I was at the bank and I didn't feel like talking to anyone and didn't feel like taking calls.

I'm going to try to not use the pills now for a few days as it probably won't work anytime soon.

Do you have any good sleep-inducing strategies that work for you?
Cannabis and sleep therapy for a week worked for me.

Blantyre

Only on weekends when Im in party mode
Otherwise like now I am finishing my 2nd black label 1 litre beer which is equivalent to a 6 pack of 330ml beers
Tipsy yes, no where drunk.

When I was in University, I used to drink a lot though. Often I'd either wake up embarrassed or very dehydrated the next morning.

Sinbad

Pink noise on Spotify on loop. Also drowns out other hotel guests beating the shit out of each other

Papa Smurf

I once took 6 sleeping pills and fuck all happened. I didnt take them all in one shot, I took them all 1 hr apart as nothing was happening. Didnt help. Dont remember what it was, bought in a chemist and a waste of money. Was about 13 years ago.

slayer

I once took 6 sleeping pills and fuck all happened. I didnt take them all in one shot, I took them all 1 hr apart as nothing was happening. Didnt help. Dont remember what it was, bought in a chemist and a waste of money. Was about 13 years ago.
The way this sounds like an the_donkey post is very scary..

Papa Smurf

The way this sounds like an the_donkey post is very scary..
I was a roady back then and very excited to be leaving at midnight with our kombi packed with all our gear travelling solo to Jhb for 6 weeks gigging. I tried sleeping before I left but couldn't,. I was too excited. So I just hopped in and left and drove through the night arriving in Jhb the next day after lunch time still wired, wide awake !!!!!

Papa Smurf

Last night I couldnt sleep so i went to the fridge and downed 2 beers in under 60 seconds.
20 minutes later i was fast asleep, good thing im not at the office today as i slept until after 7am

Spizz

Last night I couldnt sleep so i went to the fridge and downed 2 beers in under 60 seconds.
20 minutes later i was fast asleep, good thing im not at the office today as i slept until after 7am

5 minutes later you had to get up for a piss.

biometrics

5 minutes later you had to get up for a piss.
If I drink beer early and then red wine later (1 bottle of wine at least), then I can sleep right through but I get woken up at 7 or 8 with a full bladder.