What do you do when you can't sleep?

Blantyre

I've been using over-the-counter sleeping pills for a while. I think I've become immune to them now as I took two yesterday but still ended up staying awake until dawn and felt absolutely terrible during the day. I felt relatively okay when driving but the walking zombie phase kicked in when I was at the bank and I didn't feel like talking to anyone and didn't feel like taking calls.

I'm going to try to not use the pills now for a few days as it probably won't work anytime soon.

Do you have any good sleep-inducing strategies that work for you?

Tribs

I've been using over-the-counter sleeping pills for a while. I think I've become immune to them now as I took two yesterday but still ended up staying awake until dawn and felt absolutely terrible during the day. I felt relatively okay when driving but the walking zombie phase kicked in when I was at the bank and I didn't feel like talking to anyone and didn't feel like taking calls.

I'm going to try to not use the pills now for a few days as it probably won't work anytime soon.

Do you have any good sleep-inducing strategies that work for you?
There is a guy I watch on Youtube that recommends a shower before bed - and a coldish one at that. I can dm you some links if you like. He also has a meditation. I don't agree with everything (yet) that he says - but it is worth trying.

satanboy

Marijuana
or
I watch youtube episodes until I fall asleep. I lie in bed with an iPad on the side table with earphones.

Tribs

Marijuana
or
I watch youtube episodes until I fall asleep. I lie in bed with an iPad on the side table with earphones.
Those are the things I do
I sit at my desk but have a routine - an order I do things in before bedtime

Papa Smurf

Ever added some Rum, Jagermeister, Vodka.... etc to it
Only on weekends when Im in party mode
Otherwise like now I am finishing my 2nd black label 1 litre beer which is equivalent to a 6 pack of 330ml beers
Tipsy yes, no where drunk.
Nice relaxed feeling, nice and calm
Gonna start a fire outside now and make a pizza
Just chill
When I get into bed later after eating I am full in the tummy, tiny tipsy and 100% relaxed, I will fall asleep in under 1 minute.

If I try this kak sober I will stare at the ceiling until sunrise