What can you smell that is unusual?

scudsucker

I think I have smell-blindness to some extent (if that is a thing) - I can smell things but I don't feel like I get the same experience as everyone else. I'm not sure how that would be measured, though.

Edit - apparently it is a thing

R

rambo919

Sulpher and alcohol, allergic to the first and the second makes me nauseas.

Johnatan56

Can definitely smell rust on copper, also seem to be hyper sensitive to the smell of blood (smells like iron, but this is due to skin/oil contact), as in you have a scratch on you with a tiny amount of blood and I can probably smell it if same room, gave me issues at times as it's distracting and when a kid everyone bruises knees/elbows etc. so sitting in class could sometimes be a pain when I was younger.

Don't have an issue with the smell, just distracting.

Sulpher and alcohol, allergic to the first and the second makes me nauseas.

You can't smell alcohol, you can smell the flavoring, I can smell e.g. beer, whisky or red wine no issue from quite a distance. Can generally tell strength of it as well since how it reacts/changes the flavoring. My brother is quite extreme when it comes to wine differences, he won't drink, only smell alcoholic beverages.

G

gfmalan

My mother can smell electricity, some say it smell like ozone, no clue how that smell.

R

rambo919

You can't smell alcohol, you can smell the flavoring, I can smell e.g. beer, whisky or red wine no issue from quite a distance. Can generally tell strength of it as well since how it reacts/changes the flavoring. My brother is quite extreme when it comes to wine differences, he won't drink, only smell alcoholic beverages.
Well whatever it is one whiff and I know if something is alcoholic.