What band blew your mind the first time you hear them?

beans100

I was in primary school somewhere, Standard 3 or 4, mid eighties. In music class, our teacher was discussing this new book of Rodney Seale that came out (Die reg om te weet), in the book this guy was blaming the bands of drugs and devil worshiping etc. etc.
One of the chapters was backward masking. Our teacher, to demonstrate, took a LP of Queen and played Another one bites the dust. The backward masking didn't interest me, the song itself did.

LiengLiengZA

Friend of mine borrowed me Korn's first album to listen to. Put on the cd and Jonathan Davis screamed "Are you ready?"...and I was "for the rest of my life? Hell yeah....

Sinbad

Disturbed. It helped that the first time I heard one of their songs was live. They are phenomenal on stage.

bigAl-sa

Live: Leo Sayer in Dbn City Hall before you okes were born/out of nappies. Janis Ian, State theatre Pta.

Album: toss up Cream (Fresh Cream), CSNY (Deja Vu), Doobies The Captain and Me

GreGorGy

Live: Leo Sayer

I can still listen to Orchard Road right now. He once claimed to be the last person to speak to Elvis.

Now hear me out with this: about 9 years ago, Die Aantwoord played at Zeplins Rock Shack. I expected some nonsense dude performing with his chick like she was Linda Eastman but I was blown away by her performance.